We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route traveling from Lucerne to Paris by car?

Bloemfontein, South...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Best route traveling from Lucerne to Paris by car?

Hi everyone,

We will be traveling from Lucerne to Paris by car and just wanted to know what the best route would be in terms of stopping at little villages. Not too remote either- but I would prefer remote to commercial touristy routes. Also if you could recommend where to stop and eat. We would be looking at traveling about 150-200km per day.

Thank you in advance

5 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,544 posts
222 reviews
162 helpful votes
1. Re: Best route traveling from Lucerne to Paris by car?

If you are renting a car in Lucerne (Switzerland) and returning it in another country (France), you will be paying an enormous fee for this one-way drop. Have you looked into this?

You can use www.viamichelin.com to get an idea of the driving time, distances, fuel and toll costs. To work out which places to stay you need to read the Green Michelin Guide(s)

Edited: 6:38 am, August 22, 2019
Bloemfontein, South...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Best route traveling from Lucerne to Paris by car?

Thank you so much for your Reply Dale. I do realise there are many extra costs involved. However I didn’t mention that we are returning to Geneva to drop off the car- it thanks for the heads up. So it’s only the toll costs I need to work out. But thank you for those Apps, I’ll definitely look into them 👍🏻

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,544 posts
222 reviews
162 helpful votes
3. Re: Best route traveling from Lucerne to Paris by car?

And don't forget to get an International Driving Permit before you leave home

Bloemfontein, South...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Best route traveling from Lucerne to Paris by car?

Thanks a million- we have obtained that already.

Thanks for all the tips

Essex
Level Contributor
33,060 posts
69 reviews
214 helpful votes
5. Re: Best route traveling from Lucerne to Paris by car?

Viamichelin links to the on-line Green Guide so you can request it to show you sites of interest on any route that you plot.

It also links to the on-line Michelin Red Guide, so will show you recommended restaurants and hotels in the same way.....

Reply to: Best route traveling from Lucerne to Paris by car?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted