We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which attractions early on the morning?

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
180 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Which attractions early on the morning?

I have read several posts that certain places are best to do early in the morning. We will be spending two nights and are wondering which would be the best two to pick to avoid long lines. Eiffel Tower seems to be one. We are first time visitors - we would like to see as much as possible while still having a relaxed visit. We would also like to do a river cruise, but have heard that it is also beautiful at night. Also, we have considered a Moulin Rouge show in the evening - would our time be better spent elsewhere given our short time there? Thanks.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from $102.90*
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which attractions early on the morning?

When are you going? River cruises are a great way to see the major landmarks from a different perspective, and at night.

Any of the "Major" attractions such as the Tour Eiffel or the Louvre, are good straight away in the morning.

For the Moulin Rouge, be aware that the audience will be mostly tourists.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which attractions early on the morning?

If you have any interest in climbing the tower at Notre Dame, that is also a place to go very early because the lines are LONG in the summer (but it is a great view of Paris, plus fun to see the gargoyles at eye level).

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which attractions early on the morning?

if I had a choice between Eiffel and towers of Notre Dame -- I'd choose Notre Dame -- but on a first visit maybe one morning for each

the boat ride isn't my favorite -- I'd rather walk along the Seine than ride down in the ditch -- but it is kind of nice at night if you want to do it

the Moulin Rouge is a tacky old fashion tourist trap experience -- you have to decide if this would be fun for you -- very much a matter of personal taste -- I like to shy away from most things that are packaged purely as tourist experiences -- but if it looks like fun to you, why not

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which attractions early on the morning?

Hi there

We found the Eiffel Tower and notre Dam had ridiculous queues!

We went to Moulin rouge but didnt go in as was all booked up! We basically took pictures from outside but was full of tourists!

We did the river cruise pass which was like an open top bus and it stops at all main points and you can get on and off as much as you want. The River cruises at night looked amazing though and I definitely wish we had gone on one!

Natasha

Adrian, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which attractions early on the morning?

Anything you plan to visit because of the view. Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur, etc. The air seems to be a little less hazy in the mornings, so views and pictures are always much better. And in general, anything with lines that can't be avoided by purchasing tickets in advance seem to have a shorter wait if you arrive before opening times.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which attractions early on the morning?

We did the Eiffel Tower and Sacre Couer early in the morning. It was just best to get it out of the way. While we had about a 20 minute wait at the Eiffel Tower at roughly 9:30am, when we were done around 11ish, the line was so long I couldn't imagine waiting for such a thing, despite it being a must-see. Mind you, we were there during high season in July last year and the heat wave was unbearable. Either way, whenever I travel and there's a must-see on the list, I prefer first thing in the morning because it does free up so much time to enjoy other things at your leisure.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,248 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which attractions early on the morning?

We generally try to take an organized walking tour in the morning although they are not what I would call early. We do this because we generally find that we might want to return to the area later in the day or vacation to explore more, or even that night to try dinner at a restaurant that we passed.

Pjk

8. Re: Which attractions early on the morning?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 03, 2009