We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specialty beers in Paris, and one little Carte Orange...

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colgate, WI
Level Contributor
112 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Specialty beers in Paris, and one little Carte Orange...

Merci mille fois to all the regulars who patiently answer our questions. We leave a week from today for six nights, and your guidance has been invaluable. I've been lurking and learning for @3 weeks now... Mais je suis desole de vous encore derangez avec une question au sujet de la Carte Orange....

I thought I had my transportation all figured out - Carte Orange Z1-5 at 30E vs Zones 1-2 @15E, the extra 15E covered my round trip to/from CDG and to/from Versailles. Then I realized my return was on MONDAY 5/2 and the Carte would be expired.

I tried over and over again to find out on the RATP site (and my French is not bad!) what the charge or supplement is to go to Versailles but could not. Our main station is San Michel. If the round trip to Versailles costs more than 8E, I believe I would still be ahead w/Z 1-5 as I will still be able to use it for my arrival from CGD (8E). Does anyone know or can anyone find out?

Secondly, we are beer fans - any place specializing in Belgian beers or other European microbrews? The only one

I saw was the Rosbif chain, which we will probably visit.

Thanks in advance

Paris
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Specialty beers in Paris, and one little Carte Orange...

I cant find the zone fares anymore either! I can tell you that the airport is 8 euros and its in zone 5. Versailles is in zone 4 so it should be less.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,725 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Specialty beers in Paris, and one little Carte Orange...

Couldn't find it on the RATP site, so I went to Transilien, the SNCF site for the Ile de France and found the tarif from Paris to Versailles RG Chateau to be 2,60 one way.

www.transilien.com

under the "tous les billets" header at the "prix par billet" link.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,989 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Specialty beers in Paris, and one little Carte Orange...

I noticed that the English language page of http://www.ratp.fr is severely handicapped. Here's how to navigate the French page to get your information.

1st page: Click the fourth icon down the left side: Titres de transport.

2nd page: Click the icon on the right: Tous les tarifs

3rd page: Click the Carte Orange picture link

The weekly Carte Orange is "HEBDO." Zone 1-4: 25,2E. Zone 1-5: 30,2E.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Specialty beers in Paris, and one little Carte Orange...

This site might be of interest to you:

http://www.frenchbeer.info/France/france.html

USA
Level Contributor
27,324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Specialty beers in Paris, and one little Carte Orange...

>>>I thought I had my transportation all figured out - Carte Orange Z1-5 at 30E vs Zones 1-2 @15E, the extra 15E covered my round trip to/from CDG and to/from Versailles. Then I realized my return was on MONDAY 5/2 and the Carte would be expired.

I tried over and over again to find out on the RATP site (and my French is not bad!) what the charge or supplement is to go to Versailles but could not. Our main station is San Michel. If the round trip to Versailles costs more than 8E, I believe I would still be ahead w/Z 1-5 as I will still be able to use it for my arrival from CGD (8E). Does anyone know or can anyone find out?<<<

The resaon why you couldn't find the specific RER Zone fares on the RATP site is simply because it isn't there...so there's NOTHING wrong with your French.The round-trip fare on the RER C-5 train to VERSAILLES-Rive Giuche from any of the Cligne stations in Paris (Saint Michel includes) is 5.20 Euro round-trip. The one-way fare on the RER B-3 ligne to or from central Paris out to CDG is 8 Euro. The round-trip fare to or from central Paris on the RER a-4 ligne to Disneyland Paris is 12.20 Euro.

Though I have a fondness for the flavored Belgian lambics, I'm not a big time beer fan...but you should stop into the PUB SAINT GERMAIN--17 rue de l'Ancienne Comedie (just in from Blvd. Saint Germain) 75006, Metro: Odeon for what is probably the largest selection of international beers in Paris.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Specialty beers in Paris, and one little Carte Orange...

Pub St Germain had a fire about 3 years ago its still being rebuilt. The Rosbif chain is OK its British style beers are all own brewed, lots of expats and students not really a French/Paris experience. Do not despere there are plenty of great bars serving beer.

For Belgain beer Au Trappiste at the Chatelet end of rue St-Denis serves many beers, plenty from the north of France as well. There is also one of these bars on Place du Clichy but its not as nice.

Near metro Odeon is Le Pinte a real French style beer bar its only open in the nights and stays open late.

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Specialty beers in Paris, and one little Carte Orange...

Tete,

search the Washington Post travel archives for an article about beer in Paris, I'm sure it was written in 2004

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Specialty beers in Paris, and one little Carte Orange...

Regarding beer/bier/biere -

Do any of the restaurants/pubs/dept. stores/grocery stores

sell English, German, or Czech beer?

Colgate, WI
Level Contributor
112 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Specialty beers in Paris, and one little Carte Orange...

Thanks to all of you especially KDKsail with the exact answers. Looks like I'll be a little cheaper getting the z1-2 and

paying for the two round trips (since my return to CDG wouldn't have been covered). And thanks to zasuna too, we will check those places out!

And my French needs refreshing (San Michel)? Too many

trips to Mexico and not enough to France! In one week and

three hours we will be landing - can't wait.....

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Specialty beers in Paris, and one little Carte Orange...

Here's a link to the Washington Post article:

washingtonpost.com/ac2/…