We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paris metro zones

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
paris metro zones

can anybody tell me how far zones 1 and 2 cover, i am unclear if a carnet book of tickets will my best bet.

i will be only wanting to see the main attraction within paris.

can anybody help

dallas, tx
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: paris metro zones

i dont knwo exactly how far the cover , but i do know that zones 1 and 2 are what most ppl get cuz it covers all of central paris. we were able to travel to the 19th arrondissement to the cite de science (spelling?) place with a zone 1 and 2 carte orange. and thats further than all the "main sites" i think

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: paris metro zones

Have a look at

www.ratp.info/informer/anglais/index.php#

Paris (20th)
Level Contributor
842 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: paris metro zones

A carnet will do you fine, covers all metros & most buses (to make it easy I'd say within the Peripherique). A carnet ticket will even get you out to Saint Denis or La Defense as long as you stay on the metro rather than take the 'RER'.

USA
Level Contributor
27,545 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paris metro zones

ZONES 1-2 cover ALL of the City of Paris (all 20 arrondissements--and address which has a five(5) digit postal code beginning with 75xxx---and to the extent of ALL of the regular Metro lignes. If you want a quick visual guage when looking at maps of what is covered within Zones 1-2, use the PERIPHERIQUE (the Paris ring road) as your rough guide.