We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petit Palais/Les Impressionnistes à Londres exhibition

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
984 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Petit Palais/Les Impressionnistes à Londres exhibition

Greetings all -

Even though I was just in Paris and London in April, I decided I needed to go back this month, as I missed the start of the National Gallery's "Monet and Architecture" and the Orangerie's "The American Abstract Art and the Last Monet" exhibitions by a day each.

If I'm thinking of adding in a stop at the Petit Palais exhibition that starts on the 21st, do you think it would be wise to book a ticket ahead? I was on the verge of doing so, until my web browser was warning me about the booking site not being secure. Also, discovering 'fun' discrepancies in the schedule - as the French site says late opening on Friday, and the English translates that as Thursday. (…paris.fr/expositions/les-impressionnistes-l…)

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
London
London
England, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,240 Reviews
from $103.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
3 replies to this topic
Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,685 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petit Palais/Les Impressionnistes à Londres exhibition

Why don't you just look at the Petit Palais' own website? I presume it is open late Fridays as both the website and the ticket say that, odd about the Thursday thing.

Every museum is always doing impressionist exhibits, it's a big draw, but I'm going to be there so might consider that. It is expensive, though, but the reservation itself doesn't cost much. If you are sure you want to go and know the day, I would. Hard to say if it's completely necessary, as I said, Impressionist paintings in Paris aren't exactly a new thing, they have them in plenty of places already (like to Orsay and Orangerie and the Marmottan, even the Louvre has some, as I recall, and of course, the Petit Palais itself has some).

My computer "says" that website is not secure, either, at least when you click on the information thing (it didn't warn me). You can tell as it doesn't have that https start to the link. If I do it, I'll be sure to use a credit card I don't care about that much, so if some security thing happens, it's not the main one I use.

They are also have a special exhibition at the Marmottan of Corot until July 8th. He's one of my favorites, I'd love to go to that but won't be there.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
L'Orangerie
L'Orangerie
173 Reviews
Paris, France
France Louvre
France Louvre
300 Reviews
Paris, France
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
984 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petit Palais/Les Impressionnistes à Londres exhibition

Hmm, I'll have to see if I can fit Marmottan into my brief time in Paris - thanks.

I was on the Petit Palais site - but for tickets it changes the address....and now I just tried manually adding in the 'https://', which does seem to have solved the problem Feel a bit silly I didn't think to try that first.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petit Palais/Les Impressionnistes à Londres exhibition

I went to the Corot exhibition on the weekend. It is just wonderful that these exhibitions with paintings from all over the world can be put together in one place. Unlike most Corots I have seen, this exhibition is mainly portraits.

Reply to: Petit Palais/Les Impressionnistes à Londres exhibition
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;