We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how early

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Topic
how early

Hi all, I know about the three months in advance for train tickets thanks to this forum, now I’m just wondering how early do I need to get tickets for the following-

1) Eiffel Tower

2) catacombs

3) Versailles

4) boat ride

Any suggestions anyone? Thank you very much

Jacq

Mentioned in this post
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
120,728 Reviews
Paris, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,240 Reviews
from $102.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
3 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
7,778 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how early

Eiffel Tower--they have a new system, and tickets seem to be released 45-60 days ahead, depending on what time of the month your visit lands. For example, they will be releasing tickets for all of August the middle of June. Buy from the official Eiffel Tower website.

Catacombs--if you want to buy the skip the line ticket, buy it as soon as you know what date you want to go from their official website.

Versailles--never sells out, but you do want to buy tickets before you go so you don't have to wait in the ticket line (the security line is long enough!). You can now buy a skip the line ticket from the official Versailles website that is supposed to get you in within 30 minutes of your ticket time. And you can buy a Kings Apartment tour for an extra 10€ that lets you skip the lines entirely (book that tour as soon as you know your dates, because those do sell out).

Boat ride--if you just want a 1 hour cruise with no meal, you don't need to book ahead. Just walk up whenever you decide to go. If you want a dinner cruise, then you must book a month or so ahead.

Mentioned in this post
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
120,728 Reviews
Paris, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,412 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how early

And just a few additional points to Annette's post.

Eiffel Tower sells out advance tickets very quickly, so if you don't happen to get them on the release date, you may not find them available except through 3rd party resellers at a premium price.

The Catacombs used to be that way as well, but since they changed the price structure and charge a premium for online/reserve time ticket, they don't seem to be selling out as quickly. Nice thing about catacombs, you don't have to be concern about choosing date/time with bad weather, like for the Eiffel Tower.

Seine boat tours -- the only reason to buy in advance online would be to save a few €'s, as they may have on online deal. For example, Vedettes du Pont Neuf offers €2 off online tickets (anytime on a specific date) or €4 off, if you pick a specific date and time.

Edited: 11:43 am, June 07, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Annette's Diner
Annette's Diner
4,052 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
120,728 Reviews
Paris, France
Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how early

Thanks Annette C and Jamielobo for your replies and very helpful information. So I reckon I’ll get the KAT tickets together with my TGV tickets where possible, then book the rest accordingly. I was thinking about a dinner cruise initially but had since decided against it as I have a feeling I’ll be very distracted by the views and totally forgot what I will be served, doing no justice to the Chef at all 🤔😅

Thank you both for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Annette's Diner
Annette's Diner
4,052 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Reply to: how early
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted