We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are ParisAddress & ParisianHome Rental Companies OK?

United States
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are ParisAddress & ParisianHome Rental Companies OK?

Are these two companies legitimate and operating ok?

My friend recently made a reservation and credit card deposit with ParisAddress. No email response already for 5 days.

It appears here and elsewhere that ParisianHome now owns ParisAddress. Are either of these companies still in business and legitimate?

What is their contact information? email, phone, street address, wave at them on the street, or anything will help thanks. Already tried calling and emailing both but no response.

Edited: 3:39 pm, January 12, 2018
8 replies to this topic
Central, Indiana
Level Contributor
368 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are ParisAddress & ParisianHome Rental Companies OK?

Has the credit card deposit actually been processed and, if so, by which company? Given other recent threads about the recent merger, ParisAddress apartments no longer being available, and a change from short to long term rents, I'd probably be on the phone with my credit card company trying to get the charge reversed.

But each of their websites lists contact info. Just google it. Whether they answer is a different story.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,594 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are ParisAddress & ParisianHome Rental Companies OK?

I would certainly not be making a deposit without some active correspondence with the agency about the apartment. Preferably a phone conversation.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
24,234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are ParisAddress & ParisianHome Rental Companies OK?

A number of agencies have ceased operations as their inventories consisted primarily of illegal apartments. A quick check on their websites did not turn up any apartments with the city required registration numbers. If you have called them during Paris business hours and not had anyone answer the phone, they may be out of business.

United States
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Are ParisAddress & ParisianHome Rental Companies OK?

Yes, the credit card full amount (not deposit) has been processed and deducted from the bank.

Have used ParisAddress many times and the entire reservation process is automated. And that probably includes the credit card charge.

Still trying to call/contact ParisAddress but no response. Will be trying to also contact ParisianHome (who supposedly bought them out).

Thanks all for the help and suggestions.

Central, Indiana
Level Contributor
368 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are ParisAddress & ParisianHome Rental Companies OK?

Good luck contacting them, but honestly, to me this spells trouble. It's not unusual for one company to buy out another company and continue to operate under the old company's name. What is unusual is not switching over communication channels so that customers aren't left wondering whom to contact and how to contact them. Certainly, try to contact ParisianHome and if you're successful and they seem responsive, then great. Otherwise, I think it's time to cut your losses and contact your credit card company to (hopefully) reverse the charges), and, on top of that, find a new place to stay.

United States
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Are ParisAddress & ParisianHome Rental Companies OK?

I should report that the 20 day or so February plans with ParisAddress all turned out ok.

Now I wonder if anyone has used them recently?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are ParisAddress & ParisianHome Rental Companies OK?

I used Paris address 2 years ago without issue - however this year I booked them again and experience the same - lack of corrospondence - I did eventually receive some after i contacted parisian homes - who confirmed they did merge with them.

But Ihave since been struggling to get decent communications from them and their website keeps locking me out of my booking details

At the end I decided not to take the risk and booked something else

I have sent them another email asking to CXL my booking and to refund my deposit - whether this happens or not is yet to be seen.

Dont risk it

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are ParisAddress & ParisianHome Rental Companies OK?

plus it is unusual for a business to communicate with a gmail account - which is what i experienced

Reply to: Are ParisAddress & ParisianHome Rental Companies OK?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted