We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Pass worth it?

Boston...
Level Contributor
152 posts
33 reviews
Paris Pass worth it?

My friend and I will be traveling to Paris for a few days and are wondering if buying the Paris Pass (134 euros) for 2 days is worth it. And does it really get you skip the line access to the places it includes?

Included in our plans are:

The Louvre

Museum d'orsay

Eiffel Tower

Notre Dame

River cruise

We also plan on using the metro system to get around the city.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,283 Reviews
from $111.10*
15 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
117 reviews
1. Re: Paris Pass worth it?

No, all do able on your own for far less money. Don't do it.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
545 posts
2. Re: Paris Pass worth it?

Rough estimate to buy all those tickets separately is 81€. Plus a carnet of metro tickets is about 15€.

You can easily buy advance tickets yourself, and no one gets to skip security lines, so the “skip the line” marketing is misleading.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,384 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Paris Pass worth it?

There are few complete tourist rip offs in Paris but the Paris Pass fully qualifies.

Avoid.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10,197 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Paris Pass worth it?

Paris Pass is a total rip off.

You might be interested in en.parismuseumpass.com/

For Eiffel Tower advance tickets go to its original website.

www.vedettesdupontneuf.com/home/ for river cruise.

Cathedral Notre Dame is free to visit. Towers of ND are covered by Museum pass.

Edited: 3:20 pm, January 12, 2018
Boston...
Level Contributor
152 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Paris Pass worth it?

I understand we can't skip through security, but my understanding was skip the line meant skipping ahead of others waiting to buy tickets... is that correct? If not could you please explain?

Also wondering if we buy tickets in advance, do we have to go on a set date and time, or is there an option to buy an advanced ticket and go anytime on a specific day...

Thanks for all your input!! Looks like we'll be avoiding the Paris Pass

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris, Montreal
Level Contributor
19,493 posts
163 reviews
6. Re: Paris Pass worth it?

terribly high price! avoid the Paris Pass

tickets for one-hour sightseeing cruise you can buy before boarding, no need to pre-purchase ..can take a cruise from below the Eiffel Tower after visiting it. For the Eiffel Tower, try to buy tics online or if going in winter - pick a nice day and go early in the morning.

for Louvre and Orsay can buy tickets through their official websites and then use priority line to quickly pass security

to see inside Notre Dame is free (entrance in front, not on its left to go up Towers), line may seem long but moves quickly so not an issue - about 10 minutes max

Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Paris Pass worth it?

With only two days you're not going to be able to cover all of what the Paris Pass is meant to cover, so that's how they get you. You'd do much better by planning out when you're going to what place, and just buying the tickets directly from their site. There's typically a separate line for people already with tickets, which is the same treatment you'd get if you had a pass. You'll just go through security and that's it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
152 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Paris Pass worth it?

@innamontreal - when I buy those tickets online ahead of time, do I have to have a set day and time to go when I make the purchase? Or can I purchase the tickets online and use them on any of the four days we'll be there. Also thanks for the cruise and line info!

Boston...
Level Contributor
152 posts
33 reviews
9. Re: Paris Pass worth it?

Thank you @HariHaru! Same question to you as I posed to Innamontreal above if you don't mind :)

Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Paris Pass worth it?

They're all different, D'Orsay and Orangerie are valid for 3 months from purchase. Eiffel and Louvre advanced tickets are valid for that day (and for Eiffel that time) only, Notre Dame is free - though tickets are needed to go to the top of the towers.

Reply to: Paris Pass worth it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted