We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar à Champagne de la Tour Eiffel

1 post
Save Topic
Bar à Champagne de la Tour Eiffel

Does anyone know where or what site I go to for a reservation for the Eiffel tower? and Campaign Bar? I will be there in April!

The Green Way
Sightseeing Tours
Hit the Road
Literary, Art & Music Tours
12 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
8,357 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar à Champagne de la Tour Eiffel

For tickets, here: https://www.toureiffel.paris/en

Book early so you're not disappointed if your date sells out. You can always get tickets on the day, but you will have to wait in line.

The Champagne bar is just a walk up window, no res. required.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16,616 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar à Champagne de la Tour Eiffel

As far as I know, and hopefully someone will correct me if otherwise, the Champagne Bar at the ET uses plastic and not "real" glasses. IMHO that removes 75% of the flavour from Champagne.

California
Level Contributor
8,357 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar à Champagne de la Tour Eiffel

<< the Champagne Bar at the ET uses plastic and not "real" glasses>> Yes, I think you're right.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar à Champagne de la Tour Eiffel

They are indeed plastic with no stems/bases, so you can't put them down anywhere. Not wanting to burst your bubble OP, but the champagne bar is a stretch of the imagination, go with low expectations and you won't be disappointed.

Independence, Kansas
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar à Champagne de la Tour Eiffel

We were at the ET December 17 around 5PM. The champagne "bar" was a small window that only served cheap champagne at 15 minutes past the hour in plastic glasses and it was closed. the entire time we were at the summit. Don't expect too much.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16,616 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar à Champagne de la Tour Eiffel

There are many lovely restaurants and hotel bars in the area, go and drink a proper glass of Champagne there. Much better experience. Drinking one from a plastic cup without a stem or base seems worse than drinking pop from a soda can.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
4,328 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar à Champagne de la Tour Eiffel

So true WEQueen, but nothing beats being able to say you've had a glass of Champagne on the Eiffel Tower.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar à Champagne de la Tour Eiffel

Agree fifi it does tick a box, but trading standards should be involved when it comes to the champagne bar ;)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16,616 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bar à Champagne de la Tour Eiffel

If it's drinking "cheap champagne" from a plastic tumbler qualifies for "ticking the box" of having had champagne at the Tour de Eiffel, standards are rock bottom. If OP is happy with that, by all means, do it! I'd choke 😫

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bar à Champagne de la Tour Eiffel

I do kind of agree WE, but there are definitely worse places places in the world to drink shît champagne;)

Edited: 9:17 pm, January 12, 2018
Reply to: Bar à Champagne de la Tour Eiffel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted