We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celiac in Paris

Crystal Lake...
Level Contributor
184 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Celiac in Paris

Hi everyone - We will be in Paris this summer. We are trying to learn a little French before we go. My oldest daughter is Celiac - I will make up cards that say “gluten intolerant” . My question though - with so much lovely bread & baked goods will she be able to find enough to eat to make the food part enjoyable?

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from $102.90*
14 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7,397 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Celiac in Paris

Click onto Shannon D's name under her photo. It will take you to her page. Next/near her photo there is a little picture of an envelope, click that and you can send her a PM

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Celiac in Paris

I tried sending you a message with even more links.

There is also a shop that is 100% gluten-free called.

http://www.eatglutenfree.eu/

BJL
Ormond Beach, FL
Level Contributor
491 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Celiac in Paris

I went to Paris a couple years ago with a friend who also has celiac. The minute she said she was gluten free, every single waiter/waitress (save one) understood immediately and pointed out what she could have on the menu. She never went hungry :-)) . She had also brought along a little card explaining, translated into French, and she only had to use it once. Not sure what the issue was, but she ended up just ordering a steak as the entire staff didn't seem to understand. (coincidentally, that was the worst meal we had all week)

PS - we did not map out gluten-free restaurants in advance - we just went wherever we wanted. Never had to leave anywhere because there was nothing for her to eat. And I second Le Relais de l’Entrecôte for steak. There was some concern about the sauce, but she was able to eat it with no issues.

Edited: 2:13 pm, January 08, 2018
Crystal Lake...
Level Contributor
184 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Celiac in Paris

THank you everyone! I feel so much better

Reply to: Celiac in Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted