We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerome Pariente of Family Friendly West Paris is a fraud!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Jerome Pariente of Family Friendly West Paris is a fraud!

I booked the accomodation on Booking.com. He overcharged me for my stay and charged me one more time one week after i have left. Please avoid at all cost!

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from $104.10*
6 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerome Pariente of Family Friendly West Paris is a fraud!

Dispute charges with your credit card company. Also, if you made the booking through Booking.com you should contact them for assistance, and also post your comments on their website.

Edited: 11:00 am, December 09, 2017
Washington DC
Level Contributor
4,003 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerome Pariente of Family Friendly West Paris is a fraud!

Just because you say something, doesn't mean it is true. No one knows, you could be the fraud, after all, you could be lying or have done damage. This isn't the way to address consumer problems, posting unsubstantiated serious legal allegations about someone. Of course, he could have just decided to overcharge you for no reason, but you still have no proof, and many people who make complaints like yours are, in fact, wrong and don't know what they agreed to or are misunderstanding charges. Many vacation rental apts in Paris are illegal, anyway, so this one could have been and you both could be participating in that. The guy has 13 reviews on booking.com, all of which are quite positive but yours, which isn't useful at you (you gave no details whatsoever for your low rating). If you don't even care enough to write a couple sentences on booking.com, doesn't seem to matter much to you.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,070 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerome Pariente of Family Friendly West Paris is a fraud!

I'm confused as to how the apartment owner could have charged you anything extra if you booked through Booking.com. Booking.com take the payment not the apartment owner.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerome Pariente of Family Friendly West Paris is a fraud!

We rented from Jerome in October 2017 and he was absolutely great. The apartment was just as advertised, and he was very accommodating to me when I couldn't figure out something as simple as the lock on the door. I obviously don't know what this gentleman's experience was, but Jerome was wonderful when we rented from him around the same time.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jerome Pariente of Family Friendly West Paris is a fraud!

Yes, this is bizarre.

HOWEVER, we did a booking through booking.com and in that way, I learned that the lodging does indeed get access to credit card details (we were charged $260 for a cancelable booking, which our bank flagged as a fraud as I used a card that won't be usable in Europe until we travel, I'm glad I did).

Reading the small print, it's clear that the property has the ability both to "ping" your credit card for any "small" amount they wish (I was thinking $1 to check the validity of the card and make sure I"m not a troll) but no, it was a substantial amount (and the result is that I have to cancel that card and get a new one - huge hassle).

Further, some properties will insist you use whatever card you had on file with booking (they can hit your card with a payment the instant that cancellation window passes - check the fine print on booking). If you have to change cards, you need to specifically update that booking before the travel date (most properties do not care and I communicate with each one ahead of time to make sure they don't care).

But some properties pad their ledgers with a constant trickle of "pings" and other things - so had we used our Capital One card (which requires no travel notice) we would have been out $260 until I disputed it - which is something I do not wish to have to do.

Travel is supposed to be fun, right?

Mistakes do happen. Jerome should refund the money immediately if asked politely. Booking should also be notified (but they did nothing in regards to our unauthorized charge - and thankfully, it was never necessary for them to do so...)

Montreal
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jerome Pariente of Family Friendly West Paris is a fraud!

A thread resurected mysteriously almost one year later by a first time poster in TA... It is indeed bizarre ;-)

Reply to: Jerome Pariente of Family Friendly West Paris is a fraud!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted