We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Armistace Day 2017

Belfast, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Armistace Day 2017

Hi, We will be in Paris on the weekend of Armistace day and would like to go and watch the parade. Does anyone have good suggestions as to where we should stand? And also times of when things happen??

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Arc de Triomphe...
243 Reviews
from $13.90*
Paris Illuminations Night Tour
343 Reviews
from $26.70*
Special Offer
Paris Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off...
1,772 Reviews
from $145.10*
$153.39
4 replies to this topic
London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Armistace Day 2017

Well, I would guess that somwhere near the Arc de Triomphe at around 11 a.m. on the 11th November is the place to go. But I've never seen the Armistice Day parade there, as I prefer to attend the much smaller and quite intimate ceremony in my arrondissement (the 3rd) at the war memorial at the side of the Mairie.

Mentioned in this post
Arc de Triomphe
Arc de Triomphe
39,002 Reviews
Paris, France
Long Beach...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Armistace Day 2017

We were visiting about 7 years ago so not sure if things are the same but we just happened to be eating at a cafe on the Champs Elysees when the parade happened-we didn't plan it. It was great to see and they stop the traffic at the Arc which I assume doesn't happen often? As visitors it was a great experience and some of my favorite pictures were taken. We will be there again this year but a week later so won't have a chance to see again. I would look into the time the parade will happen and see if you can plan to be there an hour or more before. I don't remember it being crazy crowded then but not sure if it's any different now.

Mentioned in this post
Champs-Elysees
Champs-Elysees
18,150 Reviews
Paris, France
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,473 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Armistace Day 2017

Don't forget that security will be to the fore this year. Take your passports in case there is an ID check but only very small bags which you may well have inspected.

Belfast, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Armistace Day 2017

Thank you. We go to the parade in London and it’s always so busy and difficult to see in some places. So we’ll just go early and hope for the best.

Thanks everyone.

Edited: 5:42 am, October 13, 2017
Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Reply to: Armistace Day 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted