We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blacklane vs Drivebaba in Paris

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Blacklane vs Drivebaba in Paris

Hello,

I'd like to visit Paris in November with 3 of my friends. First day of our arrival we will need airport-transfer and the second day we will need a chauffeur for all day. We are not looking for a taxi cab, we'd like to have more luxury and professional services. As I search there are 2 companies are offering this services. Blacklane seems popular but Drivebaba is more transparent as all the service providers are listed with their rates and reviews however there is not any for Paris at the moment. Which one do you recommend? and why?

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,267 Reviews
from $101.00*
9 replies to this topic
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blacklane vs Drivebaba in Paris

Most people here will recommend you just take a taxi from the airport, due to the bad track record of private cars/shuttles, so you probably won't get much in the way of options of either.

Rambouillet, France
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blacklane vs Drivebaba in Paris

Uber X, they're nice and everywhere.

Or try the new Taxify App.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blacklane vs Drivebaba in Paris

If you are staying in a hotel, I'd ask for recommendations from your hotel. That way, the company will want to keep in good with the hotel if they have regular business there. I personally don't use those but I think I did use Blacklane a zillion years ago so that wouldn't be relevant.

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
8,976 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blacklane vs Drivebaba in Paris

Be aware that ultra luxury vehicles have been targeted several times to rob their occupants. Very often regular taxis are Mercedes E class and you would be very unlikely to face the problems I mentioned before.

Europe
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blacklane vs Drivebaba in Paris

> Blacklane seems popular

Not in Paris. I never heard of anyone here using that company.

>but Drivebaba is more transparent as all the service providers are listed with their rates and reviews however there is not any for Paris at the moment.

So why would you go with a company that has no reviews whatsoever instead of with a trusted official taxi?

Any official taxi from the official taxi stand is going to. E more reliable and better than either of these unknown companies.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,362 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blacklane vs Drivebaba in Paris

Feels like guerilla marketing to me; first time poster touting two services and pointing out the 'transparency' of the second. Most people have never heard of these and now they have. That seems to be the point.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blacklane vs Drivebaba in Paris

Actually, Blacklane does get mentioned here occasionally.

Not necessarily good things mentioned, but I have seen some posts about them.

Europe
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blacklane vs Drivebaba in Paris

Good point Janet.

Official taxis have a fixed rate to the city center. I am not sure how much more 'transparent' one can get.

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
8,976 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blacklane vs Drivebaba in Paris

I recently booked a flight on Qatar Airways and found a link to Blacklane on their site. I am perfectly happy with riding in a regular Paxi Parisien Mercedes E class (or even a bus or train for that matter) and certainly wouldn't want to travel in an ostentatious vehicle which is likely to attract the attention of criminal gangs.

Mentioned in this post
Le Parisien
Le Parisien
101 Reviews
Paris, France
Reply to: Blacklane vs Drivebaba in Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted