We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in Paris with a new baby!

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
2 nights in Paris with a new baby!

Hello parisian friends,

we are expecting our first baby girl next week and I have already planned a trip to Paris for Christmas. It'll be her first Christmas and we wanted to make it really special (although she'll be just about 3 months old!)

So we arrive into Gare Du Nord by Eurostar on 24th Dec, and back to UK on 26th evening.

It'll be great if you can help with advise on:

- Best districts to stay with a baby so it's also convenient to reach from the station when we arrive; considering the snow/winter then. I'll be booking an AirBnb so we can look at the right districts

- is the Metro baby friendly? We'll be carrying a stroller, but can that be carried in the metro?

- which musuems/activities are child friendly?

- we love walking around and exploring the cafes and restaurants in Paris, so will be great to live in an area which gives that local flavour....sightseeing is secondary, and we're big foodies!

thanks in advance!

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,280 Reviews
from $104.00*
5 replies to this topic
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,670 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights in Paris with a new baby!

I would scrap the stroller and just bring a sling type carrier - easier for you because you are hands free and warmer for baby

Europe
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights in Paris with a new baby!

What do you mean by baby friendly? I can't see how it matters. Just stay somewhere with easy access to the metro.

Same with museums. At 3 months, it doesn't matter. They're all equally bang friendly. At 3 months, a baby is just a piece of luggage. It can be taken to any museun provides you're willing to carry him/her.

+1 to forget about the stroller. A carrier/sling is much more practical.

Edited: 9:56 am, September 25, 2017
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights in Paris with a new baby!

I do not specific experience of having brought my children to Paris, but I do have 3 kids that I've travelled with from about 3 months. My #1 piece of advice is to invest in a GREAT baby carrier. An Ergo or Lillebaby can save the trip. We went to Disney World when my youngest was 6 weeks old. I wore her the entire time with no problems, whereas the strollers are always a pain in the neck. I'd bring along an umbrella type one in case you absolutely need it, though.

Congratulations, by the way!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
87 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights in Paris with a new baby!

Near Gare du Nord, I would stay over in the 10th near Canal St. Martin. Lots of great restaurants in the 10th and 11th, great neighborhood life. I once did an AirBnB on rue Alibert that was in a fantastic location, and another time did one further in the 11th (farther from the train station).

You'll want to take the metro, but it is vastly easier without a stroller. There are countless small steps--3 steps here, 4 there--and with a stroller it can just be a drag. I did it with an umbrella stroller, but my child was much older then (almost 2). At 3 months, I absolutely would just do a baby carrier and be done with the hassle.

The museums are all the same with a baby that age. In short, when she cries and needs something, you'll need to go and take care of it, but that can happen anywhere.

Paris
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights in Paris with a new baby!

Don't worry too much about snow; it is rare in Paris. It may be wet and cold though. Any neighbourhood in central Paris would be convenient to the Gare du Nord. The area around the station is not a good one. I would stay elsewhere. Have a look at places in these arrondissements: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. . Those areas all have good access to public transport and are really central.

Reply to: 2 nights in Paris with a new baby!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted