We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from Paris...thanks for your help.

Los Angeles
4 posts
Save Topic
Just got back from Paris...thanks for your help.

Hi...just wanted to add to the info in this forum 'cause everyone has been really helpful in making my trip great.

Restaurants - the Bistro de Papa that people have been talking about has changed their name to Bistro 'B'...it's located near the metro station on the south side of Avenue Bosquet.

Food in general is really expensive, but the baguette sandwiches are around $5 US and pretty good and there's a mediterranean section near Notre Dame that sells pretty good food (gyros etc...) for about $5.

Going to Versailles - remember to get on the train (RER) that is labelled VICK (towards Versailles - Rive Gauche...chateau de versailles).

Thanks everyone.

Hudson Valley, NY
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from Paris...thanks for your help.

Hi-

Regarding the Bistrot de Papa- did you eat there and what did you think of the food. Is it in the same location or did it move locations also.

Thanks

Los Angeles
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back from Paris...thanks for your help.

The food at Bistro 'B' (Bistro de papa) was good. I had a filet of some kind of fish and my wife had the onion soup which is what they're known for I think. The onion soup was good...lots of cheese. Their portions are not that big, but I think that's the same with most of the restaurants. Their location is still the same.

Hudson Valley, NY
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back from Paris...thanks for your help.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I am going Mid May and I think I will check it out, unless you have a better recommendation for something in that area...on a budget of course.

Thanks