We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and bars.

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
2 posts
Save Topic
Food and bars.

Does anybody have any ideas of places to eat and drink which are similar to the bodegas in Spain. Where you can get good wine from the barrel and side orders of food. (Tapas). I would like to experience traditional French food and wine, without spending a fortune. I will be staying in the Louvre area.

Irish in Paris
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food and bars.

Hmm, what you're looking for doesn't exist in France the same way it does in Spain.

There are places that you can get food and wine, but these will be wine bars so it probably won't be tapas you get (meaning that you order a dish each as opposed to many small dishes between you) but a dish per person.

Wine and Bubbles is a fun place, not too far from you, where you can get a great bottle of wine and a plate of bread, cheese and cold meat cuts. It looks a little bare inside but it's a 'happening' place :)

So I think what you're looking for (experience traditional French food and wine, without spending a fortune) is going to be easy enough to find in the end though the places won't be very much like bodegas.

Wine & Bubbles

3 rue Fran��aise

France
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Food and bars.

There's an interesting discussion about wine bars right now on egullet. It started with very good suggestions in the 1st arr. (where you'll be staying) and will go on till the 20th arr.

Check it out.

forums.egullet.org/index.php…