We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How early to arrive station for morning train?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How early to arrive station for morning train?

Staying at the Marriott Champs Elysees, taking a 730am train to Nice the next day, how to get to the correct train station in time?

Mentioned in this post
Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Paris Marriott Champs...
1,768 Reviews
Paris, France
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,341 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How early to arrive station for morning train?

Take the metro. Get to the station platform about half an hour before time (assuming you have your ticket). The specific platform is usually posted about 15-20 minutes before departure, but you need some time to get oriented.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How early to arrive station for morning train?

Thank you -

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,836 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How early to arrive station for morning train?

The train to Nice usually leaves at 7:19 - I've taken it several times. i usually try to be about 30-40 minutes early, so I have a chance to grab a croissant and coffee before boarding the train.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How early to arrive station for morning train?

So, food is available at the station - or on the train? I thought of taking a box breakfast from the hotel to eat on the train.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,692 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How early to arrive station for morning train?

Not sure if part of you question was asking about Metro and what train station, if so, should be Gare de Lyon departure.

Metro station George V and take #1(direction Château-de-Vincennes), 11 stops to GDL.

Yes, you can buy something in the station (or on the train, but cheaper to bring with you).

Edited: 6:34 pm, March 20, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Paris Gare de Lyon
Paris Gare de Lyon
275 Reviews
Paris, France
Four Seasons Hotel George V
Four Seasons Hotel...
2,718 Reviews
Paris, France
Vincennes
Vincennes
Val-de-Marne, France
Lier, Belgium
Level Contributor
574 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How early to arrive station for morning train?

In gare de Lyon you have a Monop that has nice fruits, salads, sushis etc. Metro line 11 doesn't stop at GDL it goes northeast. Stay on the Metro line 1 which does stop at Gare de Lyon there are a little buit more than 10 stops, so count 15 minutes of Metro and allow 5 minutes for getting lsot or waiting fro the train and another 5 minutes to find your way and get to the right trrack.

Mentioned in this post
Paris Gare de Lyon
Paris Gare de Lyon
275 Reviews
Paris, France
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,692 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How early to arrive station for morning train?

ikkekmk, sorry if that was worded odd, I was telling OP to take Metro #1 for 11 stop to GDL, not to take #11 Metro. :o)

Lier, Belgium
Level Contributor
574 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How early to arrive station for morning train?

Jaime, I didn't understand, English is not my mothertongue and mathematics bore me to be honest so I didn't get it.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How early to arrive station for morning train?

If the hotel has decent croissants, etc., take a bag of those. Otherwise, buy something at the station. Buying breakfast on the train would be a last resort.

10. Re: How early to arrive station for morning train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 23, 2018