We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Modern, yet Romantic Hotel Suggestions for $200ish/Night...

Los Angeles, CA
2 posts
Save Topic
Modern, yet Romantic Hotel Suggestions for $200ish/Night...

Hello friends...I'm off to Paris next weekend to meet my business partner, who also happens to be my best friend... and x boyfriend... who I haven't seen in 8 months!!! Sooo nervous, trying to plan the perfect trip... We're still in love, but are on hold due to geographical impossibilities... Difficult, but we're making the best of the situation. So though it's smart to keep this trip professional, I would like this to be as romantic, memorable and fun as possible.We are in the movie industry and have to "location scout"... basically see as many touristy, cool spots in 2 days as possible... tough work eh? I can't wait! =) I know the key spots, but if anyone has a non-touristy yet extremely Parisian location they can suggest, please do!My main question is...What's the most romantic, modern hotel anyone can suggest, for about $200-$300 a night???I'd like to stay near the Eiffel Tower... we're shooting there and will need to be there for both sunrise and sunset to check out lighting and other production considerations. I thought it would be smart to stay near there since we'll be back and forth, and just take a taxi/car/bus to the rest of the city. Unless we should stay in a more central location and it's not too difficult to run back and forth between our hotel and the Tower??? FYI, we will have a rental car, thought I wonder if it's worth trying to drive in the city...So any advice? Unless you all think Eiffel is too far off from The Louvre, Notre Dam, St. Germain, Champ Elysses, etc... I'd like to be there. That way when we wake up at 6 am to watch the sunrise near the Eiffel, we can go back to sleep at the hotel for an hour or so, and not have to trek across town. Problem is, there are so many conflicting hotel reviews online. The nice looking hotels get trashed, the dated, more cheesy seeming hotels get good reviews. WHAT'S THE REAL STORY?! I'm hoping for a nice... small is fine... but simple contemporary room, ideally with a view of Eiffel or the city. Something newer, more modern... close to the Seine would be nice. What I don't want is a Holiday Inn-ish checkered blanket too busy styled place, as many seem to be. We're young, but very chill... ideally it'd be nice to stay in a location near the Eiffel, where we can safely have a nice walk home after a long day of "work". =)I'm not too concerned about the $$$, since it is just 1 night... sorry for all the details, just trying to explain the situation and hoping one of you have some advice!Thanks so much!Maria

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,517 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Modern, yet Romantic Hotel Suggestions for $200ish/Night...

Your price at USD 200 - 300 is 160 - 240 Euros. I would stay in the 6th (Ste Germaine area) as you can take a cab to the Eiffel Tower in minutes and be in the centre of things at night. Here are a couple of contemporary hotels in your price range in the 6th:

www.villa-saintgermain.com/apageaccueil.htm

if you are prepared to pay 20 Euros more than your budget (about USD 325) you could get a superior room.

http://www.lenoxsaintgermain.com/

This is a very cool hotel and way out of my price range but well within yours. They have a special promotion for the 1st to 15th of November (which suggests they have plenty of vacancies they want to fill) that would put the duplex apartment within your budget (15 percent off)

USA
Level Contributor
27,900 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Modern, yet Romantic Hotel Suggestions for $200ish/Night...

As for a car in Paris (or any large city really) the real problem isn't the driving; it's the parking. Unless you need to get out of Paris, you'll probably find it's easier (and less expensive) to simply take cabs or the Metro to get around within the city.

As has already been sugested, HOTEL LA VILLA SAINT GERMAIN is a good choice for the sort of hotel you want. Another, slightly less expensive possibility, in the same immediate neighborhood of the 6th--Saint Germain des Pres, would be the ARTUS HOTEL (3-star--formerly the Hotel Buci Latin) 34 rue de Buci, 75006, Metro: Odeon--( http://www.artushotel.com/en/rates.html ). Though not quite the 'contemporary' decor you prefer, one other you might check out, for one of their superior rooms with a walk-out terrace, with views past Eglise Saint-Severin and the rooftops of the Left Bank, all the way to the Eiffel Tower, is the HOTEL PARC SAINT-SEVERIN (3-star) 22 rue de la Parchimenerie, 75005, Metro: Cluny & Saint Michel-- esprit-de-france.com/presentation_hotel.php… ---More Photos: www.parisby.com/severin/pages/gallery.htm

Irvine, CA
Level Contributor
19 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Modern, yet Romantic Hotel Suggestions for $200ish/Night...

Here's a place that I considered renting that comes with great reviews (Montmarte - Luxury) and has been featured on TV. Though only a studio and not a hotel of any sort, it sounds like what you're looking for if you don't mind being a few minutes away from the Eiffel Tower. http://www.vrbo.com/4212I just returned from my first trip to Paris with my wife and the city is really very walkable even if you're not right next to the Eiffel Tower. From the west end of Paris (Eiffel Tower) to the east end (Notre Dame) is only a couple miles. I'd recommed metro over driving a car, especially since they have a metro stop at every major site and it seems even more stressful to try to drive around with a map in hand. Even though being a former LA resident myself, I can say that the Paris traffic intimidated me and would take me a few days to get used to, as would driving in New York will all the one-ways, buses, pedestrians and bikes. The Metro, or taxis, are much simpler!Lastly, my wife purchased a Paris map beforehand that we found very helpful to plan a trip. It lists all the major sites, metro stops by color and number and easily folds so you don't have to fumble around with it. It's waterproof, too, as it will likely be cold and raining at the time of your visit.www.streetwisemaps.comGood luck!