We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Accomadations for 1 in Paris. Help!!

BC
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Topic
Budget Accomadations for 1 in Paris. Help!!

Hi,

I'm looking for either a hostel or cheap hotel for 5 nights in Paris. Most of the things I've seen have very mixed reviews either on trip advisor or other reviews (hostelbookers.com, hostels.com).

does anyone have any recommendations? Is this the norm for Paris?

I just want something clean and reasonable.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. This search is not going well and is starting to drive me nuts!!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Hostels in Paris
Le Village Hostel
Le Village Hostel
#11 of 194 Specialty lodging in Paris
Les Piaules
Les Piaules
#12 of 194 Specialty lodging in Paris
Beautiful Belleville Hostel
Beautiful Belleville Hostel
#13 of 194 Specialty lodging in Paris
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,609 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Budget Accomadations for 1 in Paris. Help!!

We have stayed in the Hotel d'Argenson and it was very clean , in a nice areaand near the Champs and a Metro stop . The rate could be as low as 55 maybe as high as mid 70's- but that includes breakfast brought to your room on a tray - we loved it- have stayed twice and would go back in a heartbeat:

www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75008argenson.htm

There are two reviews on TA- latest one from October, both favorable.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel d'Argenson
Hotel d'Argenson
375 Reviews
Paris, France
USA
Level Contributor
29,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Budget Accomadations for 1 in Paris. Help!!

Check this little '..low budget...throw-back.' 1-star out at the edge of the interesting Montorgueil market enclave..... located north of the Forum Les Halles comples a short stroll...and a relatively short stroll from Notre Dame--

HÔTEL TIQUETONNE (1-star)--6 rue Tiquetonne (nr. rue Turbigo.. 75002, Metro: Etienne Marcel

eurocheapo.com/paris/…hotel-tiquetonne.html

This is a '..low-budget..' (actually fits cloely to your proposed budget) place with no frills....but for '..what it is..' generally get consistently good reviews

Another to check out is---

HÔTEL SAINT ROCH (2-star) 25 rue Saint Roch (1/2 block north of rue St. Honore), 75001, Metro: Tuileries--

http://www.hotelsaintroch-paris.com/

This isn't a hotel that I know directly...but I have known a couple of people on tight budgets who've stayed here and LOVED it....and it's location a fewblocls from the Louvre. The reviews on this little 2-star bounce pretty conclusively from '..loved it..' to '..hated it..'...so I guess it's a toss-up what anyone will find.....but for '..what it is..' those that I know who've stayed here are definitely in the '..loved it..' camp.

Mentioned in this post
Cafe Montorgueil
Cafe Montorgueil
227 Reviews
Paris, France
Les Halles
Les Halles
509 Reviews
Paris, France
Tiquetonne
Tiquetonne
617 Reviews
Paris, France
Hotel Saint-Roch
Hotel Saint-Roch
118 Reviews
Paris, France
Hotel Saint-Honore
Hotel Saint-Honore
227 Reviews
Paris, France
France Louvre
France Louvre
295 Reviews
Paris, France
13. Re: Budget Accomadations for 1 in Paris. Help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, August 27, 2009