We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Female Travellers in Paris week of April 24

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Single Female Travellers in Paris week of April 24

I will be in Paris the last week in April and my friends don't arrive until the following week, so I wanted to know if there were any female travellers in similar circumstances out there interested in meeting up for lunch/dinner/sightseeing/etc. We don't have to hang out together all the time, but it might be nice to get together a few times maybe....any thoughts??

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from $108.20*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from $331.40*
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Female Travellers in Paris week of April 24

I will be flying into Paris from Dublin on Sunday morning, April 24th and staying in Paris for two nights. I was thinking the shops were open in the Marais on Sunday. And one restaurant that would be nice to try is La Fermette Marbeuf. http://www.fermettemarbeuf.com/en/index.html

Sincerely,

Diana

new york
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Female Travellers in Paris week of April 24

The restaurant suggested by Diana sounds divine. I'd be game for meeting for lunch or dinner Sunday or Monday.

I'm arriving 4/20 for meetings until Friday, and then I'm free to explore until Tuesday, when I head home to New York.

My husband is skipping Paris to visit the Clinton Library in Arkansas that week. So I'll be an almost-middle-aged lady on her own. Weee! Or, if I say it in French, oui!

pamela

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Female Travellers in Paris week of April 24

Ladies: La Fermette Marbeuf sounds great! I'm game for lunch on Monday, April 25. What do you all think?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single Female Travellers in Paris week of April 24

Lunch on Monday, April 25th, would be fine with me.

Sincerely,

Diana

new york
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Single Female Travellers in Paris week of April 24

Lunch on Monday the 25th works for me as well.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Single Female Travellers in Paris week of April 24

Diana and Pamela, when making reservation make certain to ask for a table under the dome (une table sous la verrriere)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Single Female Travellers in Paris week of April 24

Dear Diana and Pamela: Now that we've agreed on our lunch date...do we need reservations or is it the kind of place we can just walk into? I arrive in Paris on April 24 and will be staying in the 6th arrondisement, so if any of you want to meet for coffee in the Saint-Germain area in the evening, I'm up for that too. -Silvana

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Single Female Travellers in Paris week of April 24

Hello Ladies

Have a lovely lunch!

Just confirming for you that the rather wonderful shops in the Marais are indeed open on a Sunday. If you get there in the morning there is the most inspiring food market along the Blvd Richard Lenoir which will put you in the mood for lunch! A very French/Parisian experience. This link will show you the various Metro stations nearby.

paris-hotel-marais-bastille.com/english/loca…

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Single Female Travellers in Paris week of April 24

Coffee on Sunday night would be fine with me as well. It would be nice to see the Saint-Germain area.

On the website, it states that no reservation less than 48 hours in advance for the restaurant La Fermette Marbeuf. I have always found that it was smart to have a reservation in advance just in case it is busy that day. It can be reserved on the website, or I have found that it is easy to have a hotel clerk call and make a reservation (they speak French).

Sincerely,

Diana

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Single Female Travellers in Paris week of April 24

Dear Diana and Pamela: Should I go ahead and make our reservation online then? Pamela, since you'll be in Paris before us, maybe you can call the restaurant to reconfirm our reservations. Let me know, ok?

This is my first time staying in the 6th, so I don't know of any cafes that we could go to, other than the obvious Les Deux Magots, or Cafe de Flore. The other thing is that lots of cafes close on Sundays.