We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Besancon Train Station

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Besancon Train Station

I need to find out how to get to the train station from the canal. I will be arriving on a barge and not sure where we will moor. Is it easy to contact taxis?

4 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,221 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Besancon Train Station

There are two stations for Besançon: one in the city itself, perched on a steep hill above the city centre, and the TGV station that is quite a ways out of town. Which station are you aiming for and where exactly do you arrive?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Besancon Train Station

I need to take a train from Besancon to Lyon airport/train station. As best I can tell, we will be moored somewhere at Port Saint Paul. We are coming in from Ranchot.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,221 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Besancon Train Station

Not sure where Port Saint Paul is, but if it's in Besançon then you can check train times and prices on https://uk.voyages-sncf.com/en/… or on https://www.captaintrain.com/ (the latter seems to work better for US credit cards).

There is a train station at Lyon airport, called Lyon-Saint Exupéry TGV. The train station in Besançon is called Viotte, the one outside is called Besançon Franch-Comté TGV (there are local shuttle trains between the two). It may be worth searching for trains to Lyon itself and then getting local transport to the airport if direct trains to airport don't suit.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Besancon Train Station

FWIW, I recently traveled from Paris to Besançon. I specified Villot and my TGV train from Paris stopped both in the suburban station and the city center (Viotte) station

Reply to: Besancon Train Station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted