We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bastia to Patrimonio taxi cost

Which Bastia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Bastia to Patrimonio taxi cost

We are travelling from Bastia to Patrimonio on a Sunday at the end of May 2014. There are buses on Sundays so I guess a taxi will be the only option. Could anyone let me know what the cost might be? There are 4 of us with luggage. Thanks.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bastia to Patrimonio taxi cost

Sorry, can't help with the price of a taxi, but it will be very expensive. Patrimonio is a small village renowned for wine making, and you can see all it has to offer in less than a day. It is not on the coast and St Florent is about 4km away. I would suggest that hiring a car is all but essential. You will be very restricted relying on public transport which is poor to non existent.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,653 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bastia to Patrimonio taxi cost

aardvark is absolutely right.

Attempting to stay in a small place like Patrimonio without a car....you will essentially be "stranded."

You need a car.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bastia to Patrimonio taxi cost

We are on a cycling holiday. We will be cycling. Just need to get to Patrimonio from Bastia and back again. Would be grateful for any advice on whether it would be cheaper to get a taxi for the two trips or to hire a car for the two journeys. Thanks.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bastia to Patrimonio taxi cost

A quicjk look at

www.suntransfers.com/bastia-airport…

gives a return fare for 4 people on Sundays in May from Bastia Airport to St Florent as 145 euros.

I assume your cycles will be waiting for you at Patrimonio but it might still be worth considering a car for shopping etc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bastia to Patrimonio taxi cost

Janet, my experience would be that a 45min trip like this one should not cost more than EUR80 or so - best is that you call a few cabs to get a quote (use www.pagesjaunes.fr to contact taxis around bastia)

Enjoy your cycling trip!

VillaFanny

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bastia to Patrimonio taxi cost

Thank you.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bastia to Patrimonio taxi cost

Thank you.

France
Level Contributor
313 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bastia to Patrimonio taxi cost

This website indicates 2,78 per km for Sunday. The distance is 31km and you have to double that as they are allowed to charge the return trip, i.e. 172 euros + prise en charge 2,20 + luggage supplement.

taxis-de-france.com/professionnel/tarifstaxi…

9. Re: Bastia to Patrimonio taxi cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 20, 2015