We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sentier des Douaniers hike

Which Bastia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sentier des Douaniers hike

We are planning our vacations in Corsica in the end of May and we are very interested in this hike described in different travel guides. I am looking for the info how better organize this. If we'll start in the morning in Macinaggio and get to Centuri by the end of the day - is there any way to get back to our car left in Macinaggio? Bus, or taxi? and what would be the cost?

France
Level Contributor
320 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sentier des Douaniers hike

As far as I know the only options by public transport are in JULY / AUGUST.

1) by boat from Barcaggio to Macinaggio (only) : http://www.sanpaulu.com

2) by minibus request service : www.corsicabus.org/busBastia/BIA_Centuri.html

Otherwise, your only option is to do one half of the path one day (return trip) and another return trip along the second half another day. I have taken the path between Macinaggio and Barcaggio several times and it is beautiful. From what I've heard, if you have to choose, this is the best half of the Sentier des douaniers.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sentier des Douaniers hike

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have found info about buses in July/August, so that will not be possible for us.

Looks like in May we'll have to do it in two parts as you suggested. Did you stay in Macinaggio? Can you recommend not very pricy but nice place there? we would love to stay in B&B, but I do not see many of them in my search.

3. Re: Sentier des Douaniers hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 15, 2014