We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bastia Corsica - 1 day off Cruise what to do?

Which Bastia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hawaii
Level Contributor
393 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Bastia Corsica - 1 day off Cruise what to do?

We will be in Bastia, Corsica for 1 day. We are active young people, can anyone recommend what we should do. I have not been able to find to much information on things to do. Any input is appreciated. Thanks so much.

London, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bastia Corsica - 1 day off Cruise what to do?

You could hike up to the top of the hills in the morning

corsica.net/corsica/…capc_210.htm

(route 21 goes from near the main ferry port)

and then come back and look round the town and beaches in the afternoon, depending on how much time you have.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
393 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bastia Corsica - 1 day off Cruise what to do?

Aloha Balanina,

Thank you for your suggestions. Actually I was thinking of hiring a private driver and car and having them take us to Patrimonio hopefully being able to go do some wine tasting then onto Saint Fiorent and then back to Bastia. I am having a problem finding a private driver any ideas I have looked on many search engines to no avail. It looks like the drive is only 1 hour round trip and that would give me a couple of hours between wine tasting, strolling around Saint Fiorent and Bastia. Any input on this itinerary? I have never been to Corsica but this way I can see a little of the island. Thanks so much.

Northern Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bastia Corsica - 1 day off Cruise what to do?

Which cruise line are you on? My husband & I are going to be on the Azamara Journey leaving Rome May 16 -- are you???

Hawaii
Level Contributor
393 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bastia Corsica - 1 day off Cruise what to do?

No, I am on the Windsurf leaving Rome on May 9 to Nice May 17. Are you stopping in Bastia. I finally found the route de vins which is a map of all the wineries in and around Patrimonio. I am wanting to find a private driver to take us to the different wineries and then to Saint Florent. If you are interested once I get it together I can post it for others since there isn't much on the Bastia Forum here on TA. Have you been to the Cruise Critic Board, maybe you can find others on your cruise at that site. Have fun happy sailing.

Northern Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bastia Corsica - 1 day off Cruise what to do?

Yes please post the info -- we are stopping in Florence, Portofino, Monte Carlo & St. Tropez & any info you have on 1 days stops in those ports would be GREAT! I am on cruise critic & signed up for the cruise critic cocktail party but there have no recent posts.

6. Re: Bastia Corsica - 1 day off Cruise what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 pm, September 04, 2013
Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bastia Corsica - 1 day off Cruise what to do?

Hello

I just stumbled on this post. It has been a while since I was on this forum and a few years since I last visited Corsica.

I think your idea about the trip to Patrimonio and on to St. Florent is a very good one. I hope you persevere and get a driver, or you might consider hiring a car for the day yourself. There are car hire offices at the Port.

The drive to Patrimonio would be about 30 minutes direct, but you will want to stop and take in the views which are amazing. Patrimonio is small enough, but there are a good number of little places to visit for wine tasting and be sure to see the Church and the tiny little park where they hold the guitar festival.

St. Florent has a lot of little restaurants along the harbour so is a great place to eat and it also has a beach, which is only average by Corsican standards, but still quite good. A walk along to the Citadel is also pleasant.

If you had time you could get your driver to bring back to Bastia around Cap Corse, which is an amazing drive.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
393 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bastia Corsica - 1 day off Cruise what to do?

Aloha Irishrover,

Thank you for your input. I am happy that you stumbled upon the post. It sounds like what I have planned will be just right. I will stop stressing to find a private driver and car and just wait until I arrive at the port. Being from Hawaii the beach isn't important to us since were always on the beach. Thanks once again.

9. Re: Bastia Corsica - 1 day off Cruise what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 13, 2010