We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special places to eat around Bonifacio or Calvi?

Derbyshire
10 posts
Save Topic
Special places to eat around Bonifacio or Calvi?

Hi,

My husband and I are off to Bonifacio and Calvi early September and during our stay it will be my husband's 50th birthday. I would like to book somewhere good to eat either in Bonifacio on a Friday or Saturday evening or Calvi early on in the following week. Preferably good honest traditional, regional food in a good atmosphere but definitely not stuffy or excessively formal

Does anyone have any good recommendations?

PS Thanks Geoff Chall for the Terra Marina recommendation. Hopefully we shouldn't struggle too much to locate it!

Kind Regards

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special places to eat around Bonifacio or Calvi?

OK, This is for the Calvi area. Unfortunately it's a bit of a drive - but worth it. Try Chez Léon in Catteri, one of the little Balagne villages that's slightly off the beaten track. We have been going there for over ten years and have yet to have a bad meal. Wonderful views, excellent friendly service and superb Corsican food. Might be worth getting a taxi - then you can both have a few glasses of wine.

2. Re: Special places to eat around Bonifacio or Calvi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 16, 2009