We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corsica to Nice to Montreal : How long a layover?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
577 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Corsica to Nice to Montreal : How long a layover?

Hi all.

My wife and I will be in Corsica in june and will be returning to Nice for a flight back home to Montreal. Question is : there are flights landing in Nice at around 8h30 (Air France) or 9h30 (Air Corsica), and the flight back home leaves Nice at 12h30. But how often are there delays or cancellations? Problem is we can't be rescheduled on another flight if something happens because both airlines don't have other flights until noon. Should we spend a night in Nice, or take the risk and book the two flights on the same day?

Thanks!

Aero.

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Corsica to Nice to Montreal : How long a layover?

Hi Aero,

Nothing is safe in this part of the world and a strike could always affect you (mind you it would affect both flights so not a real concern here). This being said, you would have plenty of time as Nice airport is a tiny place and going from the domestic terminal to the international terminal (should you fly international as opposed to via paris) would be a 10min shuttle trip max.

Enjoy your flights!

VillaFanny

London, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corsica to Nice to Montreal : How long a layover?

I think that amount of time should be fine, barring hurricanes and extraordinary weather. Only once in maybe 30 flights from Corsica to Nice over the last 15 years have I been more than a few minutes delayed, and that was only by an hour and a half, which would still leave you enough time.

You don't say where in Corsica you are flying from, but if you are really concerned you might avoid Calvi, which is slightly more prone to cancellations due to bad weather, typically high wind, because of its constrained landing/take off area. Bastia is more reliable in the north. Friends of ours (out of another 30+ trips) did once miss their connection because they had to go to Bastia where their plane had been obliged to land. Having said that, however, I've taken off in Calvi on many days when I was sure the flights would be cancelled because of high wind, and very bumpy it was too!

3. Re: Corsica to Nice to Montreal : How long a layover?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 01, 2015