We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-6 days in Corsica

Dubai
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
4-6 days in Corsica

Hi, my friends and I are planning a trip to Corsica in April 2014, maybe for 4-6 days. We are mostly into sightseeing, culture, scenic spots, food n drink, nitelife, local shopping. Not too much into beach bumming.

Grateful for - 1) tips on what to see and do 2) good local travel agents who can help.

Thanks !

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4-6 days in Corsica

Corsica (and Sardinia) are just "waking up" in April. There won't be much nightlife happening. Or "beachbumming" either. The beaches will be empty.

Not sure why you would want / need a local travel agent.

Things will be very quiet but most hotels, shops and restaurants should be open particularly in later April.

With such a short visit, I would focus on either the Northern or Southern half of the island. I particularly like the South.

Public transport on Corsica is dismal at best. You will need to rent a car to explore the island at all.

London, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4-6 days in Corsica

Hi Amrapali, it is pretty easy...in April 99% of the island will be too quite for you (looking at your above criteria), so there are only 4 places where you might find what you are looking for (more than one restaurant and one shop open in the entire village/city): Bastia, Ajaccio, Calvi and Porto Vecchio. The rest of the island will be asleep (although great!) save for a few selected 'luxury' hotels.

Enjoy Corsica!

VillaFanny

3. Re: 4-6 days in Corsica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 08, 2015