We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indecisive...need help (please) deciding on luxury hotel

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Indecisive...need help (please) deciding on luxury hotel

Will travel to Corsica for first time in September and cannot decide on hotel.

Want great location with views of sea (are there 5-star resorts walking distance from a great town?), beach access...pool and spa would be nice. We are foodies and love wine...want to try the local food and wines.

Have looked at Casadelmar and La Plage Casadelmar, Hotel le Maquis, Hotel le Belvedere... Reading reviews get super confusing and the only place I have found that has consistent great reviews is Domaine de Murtoli...which looks amazing, but is it too remote?

We want pure relaxation with easy access to explore Corsica. We loved le Sirenuse in Positano and also Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat on Cote d'azur.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Indecisive...need help (please) deciding on luxury hotel

Hi Twiggy,

Congratulation on your choice to come to Corsica, I am sure you will love it. Starting with some bad news, there is no great place/beach within walking distance from a town, on the island great places are wild and cannot be close to town (unlike Spain or Cote d Azur) - maybe with the exception of La Villa in Calvi.

My favourite picks would be Grand Hotel de Cala Rossa or Hotel des Pecheurs (Don Cesar too as it is quite close from the city). Within what you mentioned I love CasaDelMar (la Plage, not the main one) because of its great location on the Benedettu beach. Murtoli is unique but it is quite remote indeed (an area in the nature not to be seen, and with limited night life options to say the least). Are you planning to rent a car?

Enjoy your Corsican holidays!

VillaFanny-PortoVecchio

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,023 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indecisive...need help (please) deciding on luxury hotel

Twiggy....sorry to dissappoint you, but Corsica is NOT like Positano and Cap Ferrat. It is far more rough and raw and in general without the luxe ameneties that you would find in places like the Cote d'Azur.

You will need to rent a car.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indecisive...need help (please) deciding on luxury hotel

Thank you so much for your response. I will check out the two hotels you mention, Grand Hotel de Cala Rossa or Hotel des Pecheurs.

As for a car, from what I am reading, it is a must, so I presume we will have a rental car.

4. Re: Indecisive...need help (please) deciding on luxury hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 24, 2014