We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split between Porto Vecchio and Sartene?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Split between Porto Vecchio and Sartene?

Hello, we have 7 days in Corsica on our honeymoon and initially planned to stay the entire week in Porto-Vecchio at Lodge Carpolone. However, after looking at Domaine de Murtoli and the surrounding area, we really fell in love with the idea of the countryside. Would it be worth it to spend 4 nights in PV and then 3 nights in the hills near Sartene (not the city). I figure we could explore Propiano from there...

What do you guys think?

London, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Split between Porto Vecchio and Sartene?

What do you mean what do you guys think?? Murtoli is one of the nicest (though luxury) place in Corsica...so of course you should go there if you can afford it... ;-)

Kidding aside it depends on when you go (high season or not) and what you want to do, but it seems like splitting between PV and Sartene is a very sensible choice. To be honest, in PV, you might also want to choose something which is "on the beach". Pezza Cardo is great but you still need a car to access the beaches (in most cases) which are the true attraction of the region - in which case grand hotel cala rossa, hotel des pecheurs, casa del mar la plage, moby dick, etc. might be of interest.

Enjoy Corsica!

Edited: 4:24 am, May 02, 2013
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Split between Porto Vecchio and Sartene?

Oh I wish...but Murtoli is fully booked until next year! I'm thinking of Hameau de Saparole....which is nearby...

We'll have a car for the week to do some exploring but I think we will need a bit of luxury as we'll be coming from a 1 week trip in Western Sicily...which seems very rustic.

Is Pezze Cardo same as Carpolone. I was pretty sure Carpolone was on the beach...looks very nice but the hills are beckoning!

London, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Split between Porto Vecchio and Sartene?

Pezza Cardo is the name of the Porto Vecchio area where Lodge Carpolone is located. The Lodge is extremely nice and you should definitely consider going, but it is definitely not on the beach.

Sorry i dont know Hameau de Saparale - but it looks great from their website. If i were you, i would go for one hotel on the beach (including the names i gave you before) and one remote guest house in the moutains (Saparale could be nice but also look at A Pignata or Pozzo di Mastri in the same area) so that you would have best of both worlds.

Enjoy Corsica!

VillaFanny

4. Re: Split between Porto Vecchio and Sartene?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 04, 2014