We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family vacation

Europe
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family vacation

Hi,

We will be staying in Corsica from 26th June to 5th July, arriving to Bastia with our own car (and have no worries about driving in Corsica despite winding roads and slow traffic). Family of 4 (2 kids, 4 y.o. and 9 y.o.) we are after some beach relaxation and fun but also some sightseing (as much as the kids can bear :-) We also like exploring cities/villages/historical places, etc..but we are not that keen on sports (hiking), but we will have a look at Tour de France .-)

We are staying on Moriani Plage (east coast). Now, whilst I know it's not the best part of Corsica, we did get a nice apartment close to the beach whith all needed amenities (and very good price) so we decided on it despite the not-so-ideal location.

Now I would need some further advice, if you can help. Based on our location, what sightseing would you recomend us to do ? (I would imagine 3hrs in a car - for both way - would be max) I would like to see some inland/sights/villages and towns/historical places/panoramic places around the island as well as the gorgeous beaches (imaging we would depart around 9am and stay at the beach until 6pm than travel home). With sights we would do that untill 1pm than hit the closest beach. So, which sights and which beaches ?

Also is there anything specific that the kids would like ?

And lastely how exactly does Moriani beach look like, is the water cloudy because of the sand ? Is there anything to do for the evening, like eveng stroll trough city ?

Sorry for a bunch of questions but I will deeply appreciate all first hand experience and advice.

Regards, M

London, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family vacation

Hi M, from Moriani plage there is a lot you can do, obviously visit the cap corse in the North, Corte going west, or even in the South go as far as Pinarello beach or the Bavella needles (all within less than 2h drive). Kids will love horse riding, tree climbing (accro banches), river siwmming and natural pools just to name a few.

Enjoy your Corsican holidays.

VillaFanny-PortoVecchio

2. Re: Family vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 27, 2014