We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation with baby and July?

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation with baby and July?

Hello

How busy is the island in July and also can anyone recommend a hotel or other accommodation suitable for us and our wee baby (6 months). Thanks for any help.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,179 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation with baby and July?

Corsica is extremely busy in July. It's a BIG island...where do you want to stay? Wherever you stay you will be best served if you rent a car.

Edited: 3:50 pm, April 17, 2013
Scotland
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation with baby and July?

Hey...I actually lived there for a year so understand the geography and we would definitely hire a car. Probably the Calvi or ile rousse area I think. Not been for over 10 years!

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation with baby and July?

Should also say I would LOVE to go in September but as I'm a teacher I don't get holidays then.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,179 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation with baby and July?

OK...I don't get it. If you actually lived there, then you must know that the island is very busy in July.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation with baby and July?

I know it's busy, but as I say, it's been over ten years since I've been. I'm usually off work from the start of July until mid-August, I'm guessing the beginning of July would be best as we are then avoiding Italian holidays and the English school holidays? How far in advance should we book?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,179 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation with baby and July?

You should book immediately.

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation with baby and July?

The English / Welsh / French / Italian holidays are from approx 21 July so it will really get busier from then. If you're thinking of going to the North West, bear in mind that it's the Calvi on the Rocks festival the weekend of 6/7 July so it will be very busy indeed there and most accommodation gets booked up months and months in advance.

Most hotels / companies have been taking bookings from Nov / Dec last year so I would recommend booking accommodation as soon as possible as lots will be filling up by now.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation with baby and July?

Thanks for that. Think we will leave Corsica til next July and book well in advance. I'm on maternity leave just now so maybe we could go in September this year but it is rather expensive. We usually go the first 2 weeks in July before the English school holidays so that's a good thing I suppose.

London, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation with baby and July?

Congratulations for your maternity! September will be much cheaper (accomodation is about 40% cheaper in September, same for flights) actually, and last minute booking (save for transportation) could almost be contemplated for September (most of July is fully booked by now for all the good places). For July, first two weeks and definitely much better in terms of vacancy, not so much because of British holidays though (no more than 2% of visitors). Finally, Corsica is great for babies (water qualities, hospitals etc.) but you will need to ask in advance for the right equipements in most places (cot, high chair, etc.).

Enjoy Corsica

VillaFanny-PortoVecchio

10. Re: Accommodation with baby and July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 25, 2014