We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

champagne region

Which Reims hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
staffordshire
1 post
Save Topic
champagne region

I wondered if anyone could recommend a 4 or 5 star "child friendly" hotel around Epernay, Reim etc. We are driving down through France in July 07 and wanted some advice. Many thanks, Simon

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: champagne region

Hi Simon,

I posted a review for Les Crayeres on this board. I took my 6 year old there in March 2006. It was child-friendly (arranged babysitting, had dvd's for kids, large grounds for running around), but I doubt I would take her back there as Reims was not the best place for kids. Les Crayeres is by far the *best* place to stay in Reims. The food is amazing and it's location is within walking distance of several champagne houses. Indulging in my daughter's wishes, I was probably one of the only people at Les Crayeres who ever ordered a cab to go to McDonalds! They were happy to oblige. I would recommend staying there.

Best,

Julie

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,357 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: champagne region

Hi Simon

Can you give a few more details? How many children and ages? Do you want one room or two or interconnecting?

In Reims I have stayed at the Mercure Cathedrale and a few weeks ago Hotel de la Paix. They both offer cheap internet rates if you book and pay in advance. Their other claim to fame is that they have an underground car park. Also Assiette Champenoise just on the outskirts. However last time we were there, for our taste, they had gone overboard in trendiness with the food.

Novotels usually have room for up to two adults and two children in their rooms.

Outside of Reims Cheval Blanc in Sept-Saulx, Aux Armes de Champagne in L'Epine, Mont-Aime in Bergeres-les-Vertus (bit of a weird sommelier last time but hopefully moved on) or even just pulled into The Campanile on the outskirts of Chalons-en-Champagne.

Some of these I have not been to for a while but they are ones that we have visited with our kids at various times in their lives. If the children are well behaved I have never known a french hotel be anything but friendly.

Hope that is a starting point.

3. Re: champagne region

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 27, 2009