We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Champagne House to visit/lunch

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
62 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Which Champagne House to visit/lunch

Hello,

We are doing a day trip from Paris to Reims (by train) and wanted to explore the city on our own. I am trying to decide which Champagne houses to visit. I would like to do one tour and then possibly stop for a short visit on our own to a couple other houses. We are disappointed that Moet and Chandon is closed that would have been my top pick. Out of the ones below which one would you recommend for a tour? Then, what other 2 would you suggest are worth seeing on our own? Can we walk to all of them or would you suggest a taxi? Any suggestions nearby for a "michelin" lunch?

Veuve Cliquot, Pommery, tattinger, mumm, lanson

Thank you so very much!

Likely To Sell Out
Wine Day Trip from Paris to Champagne
43 Reviews
from $284.00*
Small-Group Champagne Day Trip with...
427 Reviews
from $294.60*
Special Offer
Champagne Region Tour from Paris...
836 Reviews
from $158.70*
$176.30
Essex
Level Contributor
31,520 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Champagne House to visit/lunch

Michelin have an on-line presence with their "red book" to find restaurants, you can always cross-check them with TA reviews and Chowhound.

Any of those Champagne Houses will be fine, they are all pretty similar, again a little bit of webresearch, even reading wikipedia and looking at pictures of each, will help,you choose.

Personally, in Reims I like the Brasserie Flo. I also like Au Coteau on the Place Drouet d'Erlon, though it is probably a bit too rustic for your needs. There is a Restaurant called something like Table Anna (or Tante Anna?) that gets lots of reccs here, but I have not tried it.

PsychoWarthog will help you with info about smaller houses tasting rooms in Reims, I am sure. But if he does not trot by (unlikely, because this thread will draw him like a hog to an acorn.... ;-D), a browse of other threads on this forum will soon net you plenty of useful info.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,520 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Champagne House to visit/lunch

viamichelin.co.uk/web/…

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Champagne House to visit/lunch

As Essex said, the bigger houses are all much the same with their tours. Have you considered Ruinart? Probably the best of the bigger houses in Reims. They have been closed for a while but I'm sure you can find the answer on tjeir2 website.

Pommery have interesting cellars even if their wines are not too special. Taittinger and Veuve Clicquot-Ponsardin have nice cellars too.

Moët et Chandon are based in Epernay around 20 miles to the south of Reims so wouldn't have fit into your plans.

It is possible to walk to all the large houses in Reims but there are no smaller producers in the town that I am aware of.

If you are intetested in trying some smaller producers, there is an excellent shop in front (and to the right) of the cathedral called Cave des Sacres.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
62 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Champagne House to visit/lunch

Thank you!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
62 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Champagne House to visit/lunch

Thank you!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
934 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Champagne House to visit/lunch

For a Michelin lunch try Les Crayeres next to Veuve.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Champagne House to visit/lunch

We attended the Salon des degustations events last week and the Artisans du Champagne was held at Domaine les Crayeres which was excellent. Food very good too.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16,594 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Champagne House to visit/lunch

Another vote for Les Crayeres.

9. Re: Which Champagne House to visit/lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 27, 2016