We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reims or Epernay??? Where to stay??

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Reims or Epernay??? Where to stay??

I will be traveling in from Brussels to Champagne on a Wednesday leaving on Friday to head over to Paris. I am trying to decide whether to go to Epernay or Reims. it seems I can take the train from Brussels to Paris airport and then from Paris Airport to Champagne Ardenne. AT that point I can wait for a train to Reims (about a 50 min wait just to get on the train) or just take a taxi (20 min drive). I could also go from brussels to Paris Nord but then i need to get from Paris Nord to Paris EST to connect to Epernay. Seems that the Reims trip would be a little less complicated. It was recommended to stay in Reims at the Les Crayeres which looks beautiful. Does anyone have any better recommendations for a hotel? I had planned on getting into Reims around 1 pm, having lunch and then going for a tasting in the afternoon to Veuve Cliquot. I would then have dinner in Reims on Wednesday and then on Thursday was hoping to go to Epernay and try to do a tasting in the am at Moet & Chandon and then another tasting in the afternoon at another house. Is taxi the best way to get to Epernay from Reims or do you have another suggestion? I have heard that the lunchtime is not a good time in Reims or Epernay. is that just for the champagne houses? Or restaurants too? Any recommendations on whether Reims or Epernay are better, whether it makes sense to just go to one area and love it instead of running between the two, what hotels are best and which place has more to do and see. Is there any shopping in either place? Any help is appreciated! thank you!!

1. Re: Reims or Epernay??? Where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 16, 2015