We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping cases to U.S.

Which Reims hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
513 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Shipping cases to U.S.

If by chance the hubby and I find some tasty Champagnes and decide to purchase a case does anyone have an idea of cost to ship to the US. Do any of the houses ship their product?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shipping cases to U.S.

Some do - the overwhelming majority have to work with an exporter.

and it's not that easy on the other end, either -- you'll have to check with Indiana rules and regulations if you can ship it to your house or not -- Many states require a wine distributor to accept all shipments of wine.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,946 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shipping cases to U.S.

Your wine merchant, or champagne hose would be able o tell you as they do it all the time. I can't speak for Indiana but we sent a case from the Bordeaux to ?new York through a wine seller for 45€ . Cost of freight. No other charges. No duties. Arrived in NYC directly at the door of recipient.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shipping cases to U.S.

"Your wine merchant, or champagne hose"

hose = now that is a great typo. Around the coming holidays, I'd love to find a champagne hose..

:-)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,946 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shipping cases to U.S.

Sorry, typing from an iPad in a dark room, but you should get the idea.....

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shipping cases to U.S.

Just teasing you WE. I knew what you meant.

Couldn't resist. You should see some of my typo's on here..

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,946 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shipping cases to U.S.

I am traveling so find using an iPad can be difficult as so easy to have typos that you can easily miss, specially all the auto spells that make things even worse

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
513 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shipping cases to U.S.

LOL hose...I love it.

Humm had not even considered local law. Will now have to do my due diligence and research it.

Thanks Guys

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,946 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shipping cases to U.S.

The negotiant should know the "rules " regarding sipping to every part of the globe as travellers have done this with his services. He knew we came from British Columbia in Canada with the world's most onerous cost for wine imports . But we were sending it to NYC where the only cost was for shipping and brokerage.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,800 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shipping cases to U.S.

there are states in the US where this is not actually possible -- I can't remember if Indiana is one of them but I wouldn't be surprised. many southern or southern like states have all sorts of weird liquor laws cooked up by local churches in consortium with local liquor merchants

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shipping cases to U.S.

Indiana is, and always has been, a Northern state....but the alcohol rulings across the country are a tangled web.

You might even talk to your local wine shop -- they'll know the rules, and may be able to accept a shipment for you.