We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any champagne houses have tours in little cars?

Which Reims hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Any champagne houses have tours in little cars?

Years ago I went to Epernay and took a tour of a champagne house (can't remember which one). Once we were down in the cellars, the tour was conducted in little remote/laser controlled cars that drove around the cellars.

Are there any champagne houses in Reims with a similar arrangement? I found it fun and interesting to combine that with a walking tour. It may be a bit gimmicky but I liked it.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,048 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any champagne houses have tours in little cars?

It was Mercier in Epernay -- it's a little train, and is great for kids and those with mobility issues (both of which were represented in our group last weekend).

Don't know of anything like it in Reims, though.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
861 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any champagne houses have tours in little cars?

There was at Piper-Heidsieck but they have since knocked their buildings down and relocated to the edge of town.

I think Leclerc-Briant in Epernay offer abseiling for larger groups!

3. Re: Any champagne houses have tours in little cars?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 19, 2013