We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on the High Way

Noida, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel on the High Way

Hi me and my wife are driving down from london to Barletta Italy...

we would be doing it in 5 days.... first stop being Reims....

was wondering if it is easy to find a hotel on the way without any booking for spending the night? second stop would be Basel Switzerland.... third stop Milan Italy.... fourth stop Rimini italy... and finally barletta...

Please advice ...

Essex
Level Contributor
27,780 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel on the High Way

What time of year are you travelling?

In 'hIgh season' it pays to book ahead, even for a country with so many Hotel options as France has.

I am one for 'finding places to stay as I go' but have been caught out a couple of times now - and am getting to feel a bit less like 'winging it' these days.

I have no idea what finding Hotels would be like in Switzerland or Italy as have never tried.

Noida, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel on the High Way

Thanks for the reply..... We are travelling this month.... 13 th to be exact.....

Ajeet

Essex
Level Contributor
27,780 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel on the High Way

Well, that will be before the UK scools break up for the summer, so you might be OK. Not sure when French, Swiss or Italien schools break up though - peeps from the UK are not the only ones who travel....

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,646 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel on the High Way

French kids are still in school, too -- so you will likely have pretty good luck stopping as you go -- but no guarantees.

Noida, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel on the High Way

Thanks Essexwanderer.... Appreciate your advice.... Cheers...

Noida, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel on the High Way

Thanks sunshine817 ..... Would keep in mind.... Cheers..

7. Re: Hotel on the High Way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, June 20, 2013