We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why no lighting of the cathedral 10/1 and 10/2?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
299 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Why no lighting of the cathedral 10/1 and 10/2?

I am very disappointed after looking at the Reims tourism website that the cathedral will not be lit either 10/1 or 10/2. We are staying overnight 10/2 and 10/3 and it appears the lighting is only on the weekends. Am I correct?

Mentioned in this post
Reims
Reims
Marne, France
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
299 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Why no lighting of the cathedral 10/1 and 10/2?

Sorry to be such a pain but here is the exact wording on the website about the lighting:

"in October, except on 1st and 2nd, Friday through Sunday at 8:30 pm"

I am assuming that means there will be NO lighting on Oct 1 and Oct 2.

Maybe the information on the website is incorrect?

Champagne, France
Level Contributor
291 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Why no lighting of the cathedral 10/1 and 10/2?

Well that is strange Phillygal2, as I got my information from the website as well, and I phoned them to find out what the Festival Elektricity was??? How odd?

I don't know what to do now! :-)

Essex
Level Contributor
30,041 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Why no lighting of the cathedral 10/1 and 10/2?

<<Still, the weather's good - a little chilly in the evenings, but beautiful bright, blue, cloudless skies during the day. It's a wonderful place to live :-)>>

You can go off people you know!!

Guess we all have to wait a week or 2 now to clear up the mystery of the Cathederal light show, eh?? (Just to get us back on topic!)

Edited: 8:50 pm, September 18, 2011
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
299 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Why no lighting of the cathedral 10/1 and 10/2?

One more question, I have dinner reservations at Brassiere Flo at 8 pm on 10/2. If we are there for dinner and the light show does happen would we be able to see it? The reason I am being so persistent is because I will change the reservations to 10/3 if need be. I don't want to miss the light show if they have it!

Champagne, France
Level Contributor
291 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Why no lighting of the cathedral 10/1 and 10/2?

"October: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 8:30 pm". - taken from the website. There are in fact two showings each evening, which last about 25 minutes each, so if you miss the first one at 8.30pm, you'll catch the second. Why not make your reservation at Flo's a little earlier and tell them that you want to be done by 8.30pm so you can go watch the light show. I'm sure you won't be the first to make this request.

In fact when I booked my guests into Le Jardin last night, I told them that they wanted to see the light show at 9pm and they understood and said they would make sure that they finished their meal in time to head on over to the cathedral to see it.

Have fun :-)

16. Re: Why no lighting of the cathedral 10/1 and 10/2?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 22, 2012