We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private or semi private tours of champagne houses from Reims

sydney
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Private or semi private tours of champagne houses from Reims

Ideally my husband and I would like to go on a mini-bus tour from Reims to visit a couple of the smaller champagne houses & see a bit of the countryside. I can't seem to find many tour operators who do this. La Vigne du Roy seem to offer a great service but they are now charging 200 euros for two people for a 1/2 day which seems quite high? Any suggestions or are we better off just keeping the the houses we can reach ourselves within Reims?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,942 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private or semi private tours of champagne houses from Reims

200 euros for a half day private tour for two people is not only NOT high, but incredibly reasonable.

Champagne, France
Level Contributor
291 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private or semi private tours of champagne houses from Reims

I agree with Sunshine817 - incredibly reasonable. You can reach the smaller producers by yourselves also, if you know where to look. Many of them welcome the opportunity to share their passion and their wine with interested tourists. Just knock on the doors where it says "degustation" and take pot luck. You never know what you'll find

Hope this helps you :-)

London UK
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private or semi private tours of champagne houses from Reims

Hire bicycles and do-it yourself. Google "Velos a louer Reims" for bike hire in Reims.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Private or semi private tours of champagne houses from Reims

Well worth the value. The tour guide was knowledgeable, flexible and we had an amazing time. I had left it too late to book myself into a large tour in one of the larger Champagne houses and she managed to get us in. My family and I booked the full day's tour and we all had a fantastic time.

Champagne, France
Level Contributor
291 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private or semi private tours of champagne houses from Reims

That's good to now, thanks for sharing :-)

Have a great day today

sydney
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private or semi private tours of champagne houses from Reims

Thanks everyone - that's really good feedback. I'm glad we can go ahead and book with confidence!

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Private or semi private tours of champagne houses from Reims

Does anyone know about tours from Experience Paris (I think that's the company name)? I found them using Google and they seem to have very reasonable rates and leave out of Reims. My husband and I going to be in Reims Oct. 10-13 and are wanting to have someone else drive us around, as we have seen many warnings about the strict French drinking laws...

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private or semi private tours of champagne houses from Reims

Hire your own car. We hired a car in Avignon and drove back to Paris over 10 days. Complete freedom, no trouble with traffic or parking (outside Paris-do not drive in Paris) was fantastic. We spent almost an entire day in Epernay where a lot of the Champagne houses are and again in Reims. Brilliant.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private or semi private tours of champagne houses from Reims

Hire your own car. We hired a car in Avignon and drove back to Paris over 10 days. Complete freedom, no trouble with traffic or parking (outside Paris-do not drive in Paris) was fantastic. We spent almost an entire day in Epernay where a lot of the Champagne houses are and again in Reims. Brilliant.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
299 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private or semi private tours of champagne houses from Reims

We are using La Vigne du Roy in October so glad to hear it gets good reviews! Selkie, when are you going? We have a tour booked for 10/3