We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any advice re trip in July

Which Epernay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cornwall
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
any advice re trip in July

My partner and I are planning a three week trip through france and northern Italy with our camper van. Being big fans of Champagne we are keen to stop and spend a few days in this area, and visit some of the houses.

But where to start?!! We think we might perhaps like to stay in some of the accommodation avaiable in this area, as it looks so beautiful ( any recommendations!!??) or we would camp if there are some good sites?

We are not sure as to the best place to base ourselves?? We hav heard a lot about visiting the bigger champagne houses, but also see that perhaps we might have a better experience if we avoided them?

Having read some bits on the forum, I see a wealth of knowledge, and hope some of you might be able to offer some tips for us? Many thanks in advance...

Champagne, France
Level Contributor
291 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any advice re trip in July

We recommend the Camping Municipal in Epernay which is right by the River Marne. It's a great base from which to explore Epernay and the surrounding area. We always recommend also a visit to Moet et Chandon in Epernay (for which you'll need an appointment) and then driving around the villages and whenever you see a "Degustation" sign, just knock on the door.

If you want something even more rural and natural, you can camp at La Ferme Vertuelle at Louvois. This farm is run by Jerome and Brigitte Collard and it's like something from the 50s - wonderfully peaceful and quiet in the middle of nowhere. Hope that helps you :-)

cornwall
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any advice re trip in July

Thank you so much for talking the time to reply. Will be sure to look into your recommendations!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any advice re trip in July

Hi you will find place to stay as camping municipal and also ( park as it ) in France the " police " and other are not do bad if you don't live mess behind you be ok .

Don't forget to stop in Troyes , ( my town ) them go to the village Essoye ( august Renoir home )

And good museum of Champagne .

Route du vin ( road of the wind ) start there to Lyon ....( Rhone valley ) then Provence and Italia ... Easy ! Any other tips text or email me!

Have a good trip !

4. Re: any advice re trip in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:42 pm, June 20, 2013