We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving time

Which Tours hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
7 posts
Save Topic
driving time

Has anyone driven from the Loire Valley to Charles De Gaulle? Please, tell me all about it!!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,160 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving time

If you take the quickest route, it is a motorway and about as interesting as a US Interstate.

You can get driving directions, fairly realistic times, and estimated costs (fuel and tolls) from www.viamichelin.com

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving time

If by any chance you are inquiring because you want to drive from the Loire to catch a flight home, let me just say that one thing I have learned over many years of travel is never to do that.

Boston...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: driving time

Hilarious!! Thank you for advice

Le Grand Pressigny...
Level Contributor
156 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving time

Or ditch car at Tours (St Pierre des Corps) and take TGV to Charles de Gaulle?

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: driving time

It has taken me 3 hours from Tours. It has also taken me 5 1/2 hours. Take your pick.........

6. Re: driving time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, March 11, 2015