We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

after chateau tour

Which Tours hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
after chateau tour

Hi My husband and I will be in Paris for 10 days in May after reading lots of info on this forum we have booked a minibus tour from Tours on a Tuesday. We will be traveling from Paris by train and are just having the day doing the bus tour. I will be booking the train in the next day or so and am wondering if we should return to Paris straight after the tour which ends at 6.30pm or if it is worth staying in Tours for dinner then taking a later train back to Paris. We are from New Zealand and this will be our only time in the area.

Thank you to everyone who contributes to these forums I have gained lots of information for our trip.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,496 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: after chateau tour

I would definitely stay and visit Tours. Look for restaurants along rue Colbert or in Place Plumereau, either is easy walking distance from the train station.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: after chateau tour

The old town in Tours is worth a visit. A nice way to end your day.

Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: after chateau tour

Thank you both very much for your replies. I will book a later train back to Paris. we are getting very excited about our trip 3 months to go!

4. Re: after chateau tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 15, 2014