We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caution using Detours de Loire Bike Rental

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
Caution using Detours de Loire Bike Rental

We rented 4 bikes plus equipment for about a week. Bikes and equipment were fine, but people and policies not so great. First, when we decided we didn't need a trailer, they charged us for half of it anyway for the week since we had reserved it. Understandable, but not wonderful. So err on the side of under-reserving.

Returns was where problems were. Man was surly and unpleasant and confrontational - he grabbed a tube out of my hand that I had purchased, accusing me of not having paid. So even though we had just spent hundreds of Euros with them, he accused me of trying to steal a 5 Euro tube - insulting and unpleasant end to ride.

I noticed another post like this in which they acused renters of damage and were very unpleasant. I'd go elsewhere if you can find what you want there, or just go in expecting "all business" and if you get the wrong guy, a bit worse.

1. Re: Caution using Detours de Loire Bike Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 18, 2011