We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheese tasting tour of Loire valley

Toronto
Level Contributor
70 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Cheese tasting tour of Loire valley

Hi

Is anyone aware of any gastronomy tour that would visit the regional cheese-makers?

I want to stay away from renting a car and would prefer going with a local or even better with someone who know cheese well and can show us the ropes when tasting cheese.

Thanks

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheese tasting tour of Loire valley

Try this outfit. They are well-established local residents, speak English, and can customize a tour for you in a classic Citroën. I think they probably have a personal relationship with at least some of the local producers. Should make for a fun tour.

http://tourtheloire.com/

Le Grand Pressigny...
Level Contributor
156 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheese tasting tour of Loire valley

I can highly recommend our local goats cheese producer - They welcome people to stop by and try their various goats cheese made with milk from their 180 goats at 18.30 each day.

Pre, Route des Roches, 37350 La Celle Guenand.

Email: chevresaupre@orange.fr

We have had guests visit them regularly this year, some who spoke some French, some fluent and some who only spoke English and the farmers Valerie and Laurent's welcome still the remains the same :D

There are two other cheese producers within a five minute car drive (cows and goats milk) - could also visit within the range on a bike.

In terms of the location you are well positioned to see these if you were to pursue www.tourtheloire.com as suggested above.

Enjoy!

3. Re: Cheese tasting tour of Loire valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 20, 2011