We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route Bordeaux to Angers or St. Emillion to Tours

Which Tours hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best route Bordeaux to Angers or St. Emillion to Tours

I've been doing my route planning for my 10 day drive .

Starting from Perpignan, we'll take a few days getting to St. Emilion (stopping to enjoy some of the towns along the way) and then driving through the Loire Valley and finally heading to Paris.

(I know that's a lot to do in 10 days, but, I want to see a little of everything and then go back to my favorite places next time.)

My question is....will someone please compare the 2 routes I'm considering? Bordeaux to Angers (OR) St. Emillion to Tours?

Which one would be the most interesting route? Is there anything of interest we should see along the way on either of the routes?

If I would choose to go from St. Emillion to Tours, will I be sorry that I eliminated and didn't see the area between Angers and Tours?

I'm getting excited -but nervous-leaving next Saturday.

Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route Bordeaux to Angers or St. Emillion to Tours

It is basicaly the same route..is it not?

First time to france..or that region ?

When are you planning to travel ( season)?

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route Bordeaux to Angers or St. Emillion to Tours

Tours to Angers isn't exactly a challenging drive - less than an hour, so I would visit both.

By the time you are about 5 days into your drive the excitement about the novelty of some of what youre seeing will have started to wear off. This means that things that are everyday to French residents but of fascination to visitors will not be delaying you nearly so much.

At this time of year your days are short, but you shouldn't have too much problem just doing the trip on an ad hoc day to day basis, and spending the night where you finish up. There are no public holidays while youre there, so no days where finding accomodation is difficult.

3. Re: Best route Bordeaux to Angers or St. Emillion to Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 13, 2009