We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

England/Ireland Tours

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
England/Ireland Tours

My cousin and I are planning a tour next July to London/Scotland/Ireland...we were just wondering if someone would know what's the best Tour to take...I've heard positive about Globus Tours and Insight but each has it's own cons...Some of the sites we want to see aren't offered...we're really into visiting historical sites and were wondering if any one has any recommendations for a good tour compabt to book through...We don't want to be in hostels/motels...we prefer clean hotels ...at least a 4 star and up

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: England/Ireland Tours

wrong way dear, you are on France forum

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,657 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: England/Ireland Tours

Unless you really have an aversion to driving, most of us on the Ireland Forum would recommend hiring a car and organising the trip yourself.

Why don't you come over to the Ireland Forum and list the places you want to see.

For some places - e.g The Ring of Kerry, you may wish to take a day trip, but it all depends on where you want to see.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,855 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: England/Ireland Tours

"Tours" that pertains to this forum is a place in France called "Tours"!

This is not the part of the forum for discussing tours, sightseeing or travel in general, sorry.

You need to post in the United Kingdom Forum to answer the questions you seek!

World Citizen
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: England/Ireland Tours

Check out Huron Valley Travel in Ann Arbor, MI. They have some really interesting tours including ones to English gardens. I think it is www.huronvalleytravel.com; also, you may want to check out Classic Journeys. These are "cultural walking adventures, culinary tours, and faminly journeys". I just got their catalog via snail mail and it looks like a first rate outfit. I think Globus is more "for the masses" generic travel. Good luck!

5. Re: England/Ireland Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 11, 2009