We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chartres - July 2011

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Chartres - July 2011

I was just going to add this to my 'Chartres in the snow' thread, but I missed the six month deadline, sorry!

But I was in Chartres last Saturday and made a photo report about it, showing a completely different image from all of the snow last December: anyportinastorm.proboards.com/index.cgi…

MD
Level Contributor
728 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chartres - July 2011

Another terrific series of photos, kerouac2. As usual, you show the parts of a city that lots of visitors miss.

I think we are the only people who ever visited Chartres and didn't go to see the cathedral. We took our friend to visit Picassiette and weren't awake enough ourselves to visit. I now wish we had because we'll probably never go back to Chartres. She loved Picassiette, but photos weren't allowed.

We did see the old town and took photos of the same half-timbered houses, including the bump-out that you show.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chartres - July 2011

Great as usual K2. I think I've got the walk you took memorized after 5 or 6 trips in the last few months. I too think the town itself is just as worthy of a visit as the cathedral.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,987 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chartres - July 2011

Ah, what balm for the Southern California soul. Beautiful photomontage, as usual, Kerouac. Thank you so much. We are going to Chartres for at least 1.5 days next June, and so inspired by your pictures/walk through town.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chartres - July 2011

Cookie, I saw on another thread you were interested in doing more research about accommodation in Chartres. I bet if you stopped in the tourist office they might have some info that is not on their website. You'll probably see some places strolling around town too.

5. Re: Chartres - July 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 03, 2012