We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel from Chartres to Charles de Gaulle Airport?

Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
How to travel from Chartres to Charles de Gaulle Airport?

Hello,

I have never been to France before and so need some advice.

My sister is traveling with me to France next year but is not staying as long as I am. I need to arrange transportation for her from Chartres to the Charles de Gaulle airport in the morning on a week day (during rush hour in Paris). Could someone comment on the following options or suggest ones that I have not thought of.

Option #1. Take the train from Chartes to Montparnasse train station. Either change stations here (twice, I think?)with luggage and take the metro to the airport, OR take an expensive cab ride from Montparnasse to the aiport. Best option for me, but probably the worst for my sister?

Option #2. Drive her to the outskirts of Paris (A 1 hour drive with no traffic - I am concerned about traffic and driving conditions) to Saint-Remy-les-Chevreuse train station where I believe she can take a trian directly to the airport.

Option #3. Drive her from Chartres directly to the airport. This is the best for my sister but I am concerned about driving through/around Paris on a workday during rush hour. Also, I am concerned about driving around the airport and trying to find the right terminal.

Thanks for any help you can give me in making this decision.

Linda

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,761 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to travel from Chartres to Charles de Gaulle Airport?

I recommend the train to Montparnasse and then the Air France bus to CDG (line 4, departures every 30 minutes beginning at 6:30am).

Fare 15€

Maine
Level Contributor
687 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to travel from Chartres to Charles de Gaulle Airport?

Hi, I second the Airfance bus-very easy, - Ask here for where to buy the ticket for the bus after she gets to Montparnasse and where to stand as it is a big station area. I am sure you can ask anyone -direction Airfrance bus -and you will be directed. Most important, be certain before you leave for Europe which terminal her airline flies out of Charles de Gaulle. YOu can look on line at the airport website. The bus driver does not have that airport information.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
965 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to travel from Chartres to Charles de Gaulle Airport?

Hello,

We just did the same thing last month only in reverse (CDG to Chartres) and we took the Air France bus. I would reccommend it as the easiest way to get to CDG. All your sister will need to do is go outside the train station and pick up the bus (buy ticket from the bus driver) and then its about a 45 minutes to an hour ride to the airport (could be longer depending on traffic).

You can get more information on the Air France website.

Enjoy!

4. Re: How to travel from Chartres to Charles de Gaulle Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, October 01, 2009