We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in France as an 21 years old

Which Amboise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Driving in France as an 21 years old

I have my full liscence and was wondering if I am able to drive from France to Spain? Do you have to be 25 years?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,210 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving in France as an 21 years old

You will have to pay a surcharge for your age and for oneway rental.

Non EU citizens require an International driving permit for Spain

www.autoeurope.com.au

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,136 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving in France as an 21 years old

If you pick up a car in France and drop it off in Spain, there will be a very substantial one-way fee. Someone has to go to Spain and drive the car back to France.

Another problem is that at least some of the major rental companies will not rent a car to people aged under 25. I would suggest that you contact these companies, which act as agents for most of the major rental companies: www.autoeurope.com.au www.driveaway.com.au

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
852 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving in France as an 21 years old

Young driver fees for rental car are more expensive in France than Spain or Portugal..

I would rent from Spain to France.. but we're talking about some € per day, no more..

4. Re: Driving in France as an 21 years old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 30, 2014