We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amboise budget hotel - hidden option

Which Amboise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
929 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Amboise budget hotel - hidden option

After a lot of research -- I found what appears to be a somewhat decent small hotel within the village of Amboise. This hotel didn't show-up on any of the many web travel sites except www.all-hotels.com . Even after typing in hotel name as a force-feed, I was given erroneous accomodation and pricing info (nothing more than a double and at much higher rates than that given on the hotels somewhat underdeveloped website).The Hotel le Blason (try www.leblason.fr -- even had trouble with this entry) has rooms for as many as 4 people (a hard to find quad) for 76 euros a nght (great deal). This is no Chateau (converted blacksmith shop) but gets the job done and the staff are cordial. I just booked this and will be there 11/05. I learned a lot with this excersize -- don't necessarily trust what is shown on Expedia etc. as bible and find the hotels' website to make sure. Also found some other unusual website options for Europe accomodations like www.frbo.com or www.perfectplaces.com. Will give review on this hotel on return (found some good reviews). Happy trails.

france
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Amboise budget hotel - hidden option

I just want to mention you that on November, you have 1000 Chambres d'Hotes which have 50% of reduction. It could be very interesting because it could be small hotels or chateaux hotels. I've seen this on the web site of la touraine: www.plusdetouraine.com

California
Level Contributor
929 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amboise budget hotel - hidden option

Merci mmandy for the tips.

france
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Amboise budget hotel - hidden option

De rien DMcD!!!!!!!!!

California
Level Contributor
929 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amboise budget hotel - hidden option

As was hoped, this place is a keeper. Nice and clean , well maintained , 2 0r 3 blocks to castle , lots of character and professional staff. Could use an elevator to the 3rd floor. Can accomodate up to 5 people in some rooms. Left happy.

Chevy Chase, MD
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amboise budget hotel - hidden option

Hotel le Blason is in Rick Steves' book, France 2006. We have used his recomendations in Italy and France with good results

6. Re: Amboise budget hotel - hidden option

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 16, 2009